8. ꜱʜᴀʜɪᴅ'ꜱ ᴀʙʀᴜᴘᴛ ᴅᴇᴘᴀʀᴛᴜʀᴇ

Shahid's POV:

I finished fajr prayer while going through a few documents that needed to be submitted to the university. I got ready while my chauffeur drove me to Ishan's house. I could see him well prepared for this trip, with his luggage bag and his so-called sunglasses, as he said goodbye to his parents, hugging them as his mom wiping the tears.

I step out of the car to meet his parents, and we finally say our goodbyes and drive away. "What's up, Mahnn, doesn't this sunglass suit me?" Ishan asks, grinning like an idiot as I respond, "Don't do that dumbo, I can't look at your face with that so-called wide grin of yours, pouting too."

He returns to his normal self, chuckling, and we arrange both of our university documents, which must be submitted prior our departure to airport. The car drove away to the university as Ishan and I submitted the documents and informed our lecturers.

When we were about to reach were car was parked, "I-I gotta find Shifa and bid a farewell.." I said hesitantly as he paused from rushing over to the car and turning around to face me. He grins and gives me a hand signal to do whatever I want, telling me that he will cover for the chauffeur. 

Well, thanks to him, I ran to the first-year classroom. The class was silent, with only a few people seated. I couldn't find Shifa or her friends in there. I apologize for interrupting them by abruptly dragging the door.

I walk towards the corridor since she would usually be there talking with her friends before class commence. My eye's spotted on the girl who were sitting there laughing and talking with her friends. I hesitated for a minute since her friends were there but when i reached near them, her other 2 friends gave me a stare.

My eyes met shifa who looked confused by my sudden appearance as she tilted her head. I give a warm smile as i say goodbye in arabic "Fi Amanillah". She looked more confused as her eyebrow's forming a small frown.

This time, I walk away with a smile on my face, causing her friends to repeatedly glance at Shifa and me. I sat in the car, Ishan was staring through my soul and I ended up telling him. Lol his face looked so funny when i mentioned this as he questioned me "But bro what did u meant by that thing, what does it mean?"

I smirk as I respond to him, saying it's a kind of a goodbye. The chauffeur directed the car to the airport as we entered and went through all of the security checkup.

Nahima's POV:

We were too stunned to see Shahid give a wide smile all at once. Tanisha and I glance at him and Shifa as he walk toward the frontgate. Tanisha exclaims "Did he really SMILEE AT SHIFA!!???" as i continue "HE FREAKING SMILEDDDD JUST NOWW, DIDNT HE!!?"

We both turn towards shifa who was already dumbfounded by what happend just now as she asks us "But..Waitt, What did he say...? Was it something like, Fa..Nah, Fi A-Amanillah?? What does that even mean!!?" She looks at me questioning as tanisha continues "Yes, yes come on Nahimuuu....u would probably know what it means righttt???"

"N-NO, i'm not fluent in arabic just like my aunt and uncle are but Fi Amanillah?....i'm hearing this for the first timee..." I say and that's when  tanisha takes out the phone saying  "WAIT LEMME ASK OUR GOOGLE MAMA"

We all surround the phone while translating, but then we hear a rough voice and turn back to see who it was. The lecturer!! Damn, we gotta make a run. We rush to the classroom, giving him an innocent smile. Class started earlier this time. We couldnt use our phones because they are prohibited during class.

Finally class got over as i turn back to see Shifff staring at her phone. The moment lecturer went from the class, i signal tanisha as we rush towards shifa but this time shifana and her gang walked towards us.

"G-Guys Uhm, I'm going to confess my feelings to Shahid. I gathered my courage so that i could confess it today during break time" Shifana says in a low tone. We wished her luck, but shifa remained silent. As i turned towards her, i could see in her eyes that she wanted to say something but couldn't; she signal's me to read something from her phone.

Shifa's POV:

Why did he form a caring and sweet smile after he said those words..? Ack!! Why is his smile getting on my nerves, but wait..what did he even meant by those words. It felt like it was arabic but i ain't quite sure of it. 

I lost in thoughts wondering what might be the meaning of it during the entire class. I was so curious to know the meaning behind those words that i could't focus on the class. Finally the class ended!!!. Lets google up, i cant wait for my friends, i literally have no patience!!

I enter the word Fi Amanillah in google searching for the meaning. I went through a whole para given over there... it's kinda like a goodbye? something which means like.....he leaves me in the care of Allah SWT....what's with this weird goodbye..?

I felt 2 people rushing towards me as i look up to them, it was Nahimu and Tanu. I was about to inform them when Shifana approached us telling that she is going to confess her feelings while my friends wishing her luck but a part of mine couldn't wish her, because i thought he was leaving...or something...but i'm not sure.

Nahimu looks at me for the silent as i wanted to tell about the translate that i discovered. I tried to signal them telling to peek up to my phone and that's when all of us got distracted by a small commotion. A guy barging into our class breathing heavily.

All of us stare at him it was Tansir, while he catch his breath back and start talking as he stammers
"Sha-Shahid  H-has left the  c-country and are on their way to abroad with his friend Ishan!!"

All of my mates were stunned as they were shocked by his sudden leaving. Nahima the extroverted in our class raised her voice shockingly "HE WHATTT??? HE LEFT FOR ABROAD???". The guy nods as he states "Thats why there is a small commotion outside, all are talking over this especially girls saying how they could have said a goodbye to him or atleast how they could have made a farewell party for him."

Tanu and Nahimu turn towards me while i hand over my phone in which they read the translation page. I whisper to them "So does that mean he approached me earlier to bid a farewell..?"  Nahima exclaims suddendly replying "Hell yess, so he informed you...YOU!!, this is something serious" 

Tanisha continues "Damnn njn vicharch avn vere entho prnje aayrkm enn, (i thought he said something else to her) I didnt expect him to inform you, this is good and bad at the same". We understood what she meant by "bad thing."

I look at Tansir, who is already waiting for Shifana's response, as we all look at Shifana, who is too stunned to speak or react to all of this so-called Shahid's abrupt departure. Those small commotion subsided as we approached Shifana.

Thankyou for reading the chapter, would love if y'all vote for me and feel free to comment <3