GAME AND HUSTLE

Kaikeyi started introducing all the other members, chief maids and workers to the Princess. They happily greeted all of them and lastly she introduced them to a maid who was standing at a corner, as if she was not at all interested in this welcome and rituals.

"And she is my personal maid. Who is nothing lesser than a mother to me... Manthara"- Kaikeyi disclosed the identity of an old woman who was wearing a beige saree white angavastram. Her hair was loosely secured in a lower bun. Her semi wrinkled face and boney eyes was flashing the dissatisfaction of her heart. She was standing with the help of a thick stick and her spine had an abnormal bent with an extra mass of flesh on her back. Which was making her barely four and half feet tall.

One by one all the brides touched her feet. She forcefully wished all good luck and happiness. Except Mandvi, whome she blessed affectionately. Her expression changed when her gaze turned to Sita. Those old eyes had uncontrollable negative judgement for Sita, which made Urmila squint her eyes.

"Okay, all introductions are done. And it's time for the most awaiting ritual of marriage.." - Sumitra exclaimed with a big smile.

Four wide containers were placed on the ground with two seats at either side. It was filled with milk and petals of various flowers were floating at the surface. As per instructions, the couples sat at each pot while facing eachother and Koushalya elaborated the rules of the ritual.
- "So as you can see, the containers are filled with milk and flower petals. But there is one hidden within. And all you have to do is find that one ring from your respective container. Who ever finds the ring first, will control his/her partner for rest of the life. So are you all ready for it ?"

The ritual sound quite interesting to the couples. So immediately they agreed for it.

The game began...
Ram and Sita slowly put their hands inside the milk while Bharat and Mandvi aggressively put their hands in the milk as if a serious war was going to begin, which made everyone laugh at their childish cuteness.

First Lakshman entered his hands very gently in the milk, while his eyes were fixed on Urmila and lips had smile but Urmila put hands like lightning.
Shatrughna and Shrutkirti put their hands in the milk passionately. Neither aggressively nor gently... Just like the perfect balance of their elder siblings.

"Come on Sita... You can do it." -Kaushalya cheered for her daughter in law which made Sita very much happy. "No didi... My Ram will win."-Kaikeyi said with a smile but in a commanding tone.
Bharat and Mandvi were in serious search of the hidden ring with hands dipped upto elbow. Their fast movement was making the milk sloss out of the container and it was grabbing more attention. Because it was the funniest battle among all.
Urmila was so much focused. But Lakshman was just smiling and studying her every micro expression. His movements were so shuttle, as if he was purposefully letter Urmila win. And the youngest couple was playing with perfectionism as if they do it daily.

While steadily roaming her hands at every corner, Sita found the ring. But before taking her hands out of the milk along with the ring, she looked at everyone. She had known that no matter who wins, all are going to be happy with it. But if Ram loses, it may hurt Kaikeyi. So with a loving grin, she put the ring inbetween Ram's hand under the milk which went unnoticed by everyone. But before Ram could oppose, she pushed his hands upward from the milk and as it's result all eyes witnessed the Ring in Ram's hand. So he got declared as the winner.

All of them cheered for him. Especially Kaikeyi- "See Kaushalya didi... I told you, my Ram will win.". Kaushalya gently nodded with a smile. But Ram had the obvious question in his eyes. But by looking at his wifes loving gaze he understood her thoughts.