LAKSHMAN'S WISH

As per Ram's instruction, Urmila came out of the temple and found Lakshman busy with his fellow officers and some other influential people.
But as soon as she came out, Lakshman's gaze was drawn to her, and he was momentarily lost. It had been fourteen years since he had seen her like that, radiant, gorgeous and adorned with the grace of a queen. The sight stirred something within him, rekindling the familiar feeling of love that had once fueled him during his years of exile.

He excused himself from the group and walked toward her, noticing a hint of tension in her expression. Despite the warmth of her presence, something was troubling her. As he approached, she quickly spoke, her words laced with concern.- "I'm really sorry, Saumitra. Please don't be mad at me."

Lakshman was taken aback. He was not expecting an apology, much less one from his beloved wife. "You are sorry for what?"- he asked, a note of confusion was in his voice.

Urmila looked down for a moment, as if she was gathering her thoughts. "For leaving you alone in Moti Bhavan when you returned," -she confessed. "I should have stayed with you. But it was necessary to go with Sita didi as well. Please don't be mad at me, swami."

Lakshman could see the worry in Urmila's eyes, the subtle shift in her expression as she realized he might be upset with her. It was almost too easy to play into her fears, but he couldn't resist the chance to tease her a little. He knew she cared deeply about his feelings, and it made their bond even stronger.

He let his face grow stern, crossing his arms as he raised an eyebrow. "You think I will easily forgive you for this? For such a hideous crime?" -His voice carried a hint of mock severity, but there was a playful spark in his eyes that he tried to hide.

Urmila's eyes widened, and her grip on his hand tightened as if she feared he might pull away. "I know, swami," -she replied, her voice filled with genuine remorse. "And I'm apologizing for that, but-" -Her words trailed off, uncertainty seeping into her tone.

Lakshman turned his head, pretending to be too upset to look at her, all the while suppressing a smile. "I don't want to listen to anything,"- he said, by waving his hand dismissively. "I want compensation."

Urmila looked stricken, her gaze darting back and forth as she tried to understand what he meant. "Compensation?" -she asked, her voice was trembling. "What kind of compensation, swami? I'll do anything to make it right."

Lakshman allowed himself a small smile, still not meeting her eyes. "You have to make it up to me," -he said, his tone was softening slightly. "Perhaps some special time at my favourite place.... That beautiful Sarayu bank." -He glanced at her, his golden brown eyes were twinkling with mischief, and lips had a smirk.

Urmila's expression shifted from worry to relief as she realized he was teasing her. She shyly looked down , a smile broke through her initial tension. "You scared me, swami!" -she exclaimed, half-laughing, half-exasperated. "I thought you were really mad."

Lakshman chuckled while looking at her- "I'm not mad," -he assured her, his voice was gentle. "I could never be mad at you, Mila. I just wanted to see your reactions."

Urmila rolled her eyes but the ray of happiness was clear on her blushy red cheeks, her worries melting away. "You're impossible,"-she muttered, though there was affection in her tone.

------

The starlight and glow of fireflies bathed the Sarayu riverbank in a soft, silver glow as Urmila led Lakshman to there, by not letting anybody else know . His favorite spot, a tranquil corner of the world where they could escape everything else. This time, she had arranged for their visit, ensuring no one followed them. Lakshman's smile was radiant, his eyes lighting up with the same joy he had when he was coming there in childhood.