Part 5

Shiv felt confused about what to do. Ananth put him in such a situation that he doesn't have not idea what to do. What about Bhavya? Will she agree to marry me if she knows about my truth?

He looked at Bhavya, who was sitting, unaware of the conversation that had just taken place between him and his father.

Bhavya saw Shiv come out from Ananth's uncle's cabin, so she went straight towards him, asking, "How's uncle? What did he say? Is he fine now?"

Shiv looked at Bhavya, his mind filled with a load of thoughts.

"Shiv, I'm asking you. Are you listening?" Bhavya asked him irritably after repeating herself.

"Yeah... Yes," Shiv responded absentmindedly, his attention still elsewhere.

"How's Uncle, Shiv?" Bhavya inquired, concerned about Ananth's well-being.

"Yes, yes, he's good... Now he's feeling better..." Shiv replied, his thoughts still scattered. He then looked at his mother and brother, who were also anxiously waiting for the answer.

Without waiting for further sentences from Shiv, Bhavya went straight towards Ananth's cabin to check on him.

Shiv was left behind, feeling that what Dad had told him to do was impossible. Would Bhavya agree?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Ananth is back home with the doctor's sign-off, he's feeling better now. Shiv decides that someday he will stay at his father's home to take care of him and also try to work from home.

One day, Ananth was sitting on his lawn with Shiv and asked, "Have you thought about what I said that day?"

Shiv pretended not to remember what Ananth was referring to but inwardly understood the implication of his question.

"What, Dad?" Shiv asked, pretending to be unaware.

"You and Bhavya's marriage!" Ananth reiterated, looking at Shiv expectantly.

"Dad, now that you're not well, can't we talk about it later?" Shiv suggested, hoping to avoid the conversation for the time being.

"I am fine now! You know, I spoke with Bhavya's parents, and they are also happy with this marriage," Ananth disclosed, looking at Shiv with anticipation.

"They also know Bhavya will not find a partner like you," Ananth added, his tone filled with conviction.

"Dad, Bhavya is good in everything. she will find a good partner. I'm not that great." Shiv replied.

"Yes, she can, but not like you. You're different, Shiv. I am blessed to have a son like you," Ananth replied warmly, expressing his gratitude. "Her parents wanted to discuss the wedding date."

"Dad, slow down. Does Bhavya know about this? Have you spoken with her?" Shiv asked, feeling overwhelmed by the sudden turn of events.

"Her parents must have informed her. That's why they are discussing the marriage date. Her parents won't be against her decision," Ananth presumed confidently.

"But Dad, before all this, I need to talk with Bhavya once. I want to hear her decision from her mouth," Shiv asserted, emphasizing the importance of Bhavya's input in the matter.

"Of course, you can," Ananth agreed.

-----------------------------------------------

"Ananth, for the sake of your health, I haven't said anything until now. But what you're doing is wrong," Brinda tried to make Ananth understand, expressing her concern.