three

THE BLONDE TRAVELER AND THEIR SILVER-HAIRED COMPANION

current day

above the waves, a floating white haired child giggled while looking over the edge of sumeru's dessert. "Fontaine! The land of hydro! " the blonde haired traveler hummed as he took in the scenery before seeing a large purple and blue shell on the sand that met the water.

"paimon, do you see that? " the child-like being looked down and gasped. "oh gosh! do you think it's got a giant pearl inside! oooh paimon's so curious!  let's go see! " the two quickly made their way down to the beach, taking notice of colors in awe. paimon giggled as she rubbed her hands together.

"strike it with your sword! maybe that'll make it open. " the blonde shook their head before aggressively striking the shell twice until it opened. steam came from inside as a mixture of light blue and white light erupted from the inside.  the first thing to be seen as the mouth flew open were legs. glittering brown legs that obviously belonged to- "it's a pretty lady!"

the blonde, who had quickly yet carefully turned away once he realized the person was wearing such a thin gown, covered his eyes. paimon rolled her eyes, "stop being a pervert and help them!" the traveler raised an eyebrow at the fairy who crossed her arms expectantly. "yeah paimon said it." his golden eyes stared her down for a moment before turning to the unconscious figure. he reached out, gently touching their arm when they jerked awake and away.

the second thing he noticed was that it was a young woman. her eyes were a beautiful dark brown, but it seemed to him [he's probably hallucinating (he's not) ] that there were swirls of sea shells to be found in them. her hair was an aubrun orange and styled in such an intricate design he was sure not many would be able to accomplish. what he also noticed is that her skin would sparkle every few minutes and it seemed as though she had a bit of scales on certain creases on her body. "miss? are you alright?" his analysis quickly came to an end as his compain spoke in that pitchy voice. "wait, what are you doing? "

the woman's eyes had widened a bit at the sight of such familiar beings, bowing her head towards the two as if she were in the faces of royalty or someone much more powerful after making her way out of the clam she was in.

the male quickly yet gently lifted her up, "please do not bow, you could be injured." "yeah! paimon doesn't think it'll help you unless you're going to tell us something. " as they spoke, aether blinked a bit as she towered over him slightly. her mouth opened and moved quickly. she was 'speaking' without noticing they hadn't seem to understand what she was saying. she frowned a bit and tried again, 'Hello? ' She grasped her throat, looking shocked before lowering her head and realizing she was standing straight. her gazed dropped to her toes, wiggling them a bit until she saw the ends of the shell.

the shell! yes this was the shell proffessor morven described would encase eesena when they transform into human beings. it was also the reason she didn't have her voice, but her necklace.. she lifted her hands to her throat frowning a bit. where is it? is this apart of the catch? she'd have legs, but not a voice.  "paimon doesn't think she can speak. " aether deadpanned before blinking it away.

"do you have any idea where you came from? if you have any family that we could get you to? " he watched as her face saddened before she twisted some of the locs a bit. right..how could she forget. her family.. her kingdom. her eyes teared up as she sat back down in the large shell, shaking her head a bit as she cried. paimon gasped softly, "oh no.. well.. how about you stay with us? " her traveling partner turned to her immediately as if she'd actually grown another stomach that needed to be filled.

hushed whispers filled the air while the ginger haired woman watched them in amusement, lifting her satchel onto her shoulder and looking through it. she had some materials like her kamera and what seemed to be a photobook. she tilted her head, having sworn she could've packed a little notebook. she lifted her head back up to watch the two converse quietly amongst themselves.. or as quiet as the fairy could be.