twelve

A BATTLE OD MEKA AND A LOVERS QUARREL

navia smiles as she looks at the three in front of her after her small speech and their small feast.  [name] was looking around the entire place with a wide smile at the designs on the architecture while paimon was squealing about the food they had just quietly as navia finished. "let this be a celebration and going away lunch for you three."
[name] smiled as she looked away to the side, catching sight of a small portrait of an eesena tale before looking back at the table.  "i doubt you have any further business here in fontaine.." she trailed off as she looked at the eesena infront of her who was still eyeing her surroundings. aether frowned a bit as he and paimon did the exact same thing.
[name] hummed lightly to herself as she continued to taste the salty fonta on her tongue, picking up a fork and gently twisting it in her locs. she looked up at their expressions before putting it back down on table.

"what were we talking about..?" aether shook his head, "our next thing is to help you, princess." paimon nodded as she crossed her arms, "now that you can speak, paimon wants to hear how everything went for you." she stopped, feeling a bit shy suddenly. "if..if that's what sparkle would like to do." [name] hummed, lifting her satchel and putting a few photographs on the table.

the three  notice of the five pictures. one was a family portrait, the second seven children, one of a man, one of a woman, and the final was a close up of all the people.

"this is my family.." she lifted the picture of the familial portrait, smiling softly as she did so while showing it off. her friends took notice that the people were also in other photographs. her long nail tapped the baby mermaid in the photograph.
"this is me," paimon and navia cooed as they looked at the baby [name] in the picture. "paimon thinks sparkle has got to be the cutest baby she's ever seen!" navia and aether nodded in agreement. [name] chuckled as she shook her head, "i was a cute baby. hmm, that had to have been.. six hundred and twenty-six years ago.." she rubbed her chin before looking up to see their jaws had dropped.

paimon lifted her finger, pointing shakily at the princess. "you're six hundred and twenty-six years old? but.. you look so young!"
aether raised an eyebrow, turning to paimon with a questioning gaze. they'd met a god who was in the body of a child, but five hundred years old. surely this isn't the most shocking thing. "well pai, eesena age very slowly than any other being on teyvat. even the pregnancies take a long time. my father said my mother went through one hundred and twelve years of pregnancy to have me. " the three were stumped again, frowning a bit in horror as their waiter came to deliver their cups of fonta.
"oh.. do humans not go through it that long?" navia coughed, feeling a bit flushed. "no, my dear.. it is only nine months for us." the princess gasped, leaning forward. "seriously? and do the males have more than one," aether quickly put his hand over her mouth. "paimon is here, [name]!" the waiter quickly left the situation with his ears tinting pink at the conversation.

paimon looked around confused, "what does paimon being here have to do with what she was going to say?" navia waved the small child off, "let's move past this and let you continue with your story. " "right," she cleared her throat as she did her best to recall.

"ah! my mother first became pregnant with me a little bit before humans began to appear in fontaine. my father had chosen that we should distance ourselves because of the previous hydro archon egeria doing something wrong.. he never specified why to me. but i do know that many eesena have traveled to other nations to live there, but still refer to us as their royalty." she rubbed the back of her neck as she hummed.

"when i was a hundred and twenty six years old, my father says the calamity came to be and we lost my mother.." aether and paimon looked at each other at the mention of the cataclysm while navia stiffened a bit.  "and with how everything changed, the eesena in those nations were told to go into hiding and defend themselves no matter what."