Chapter 10.

Audrey's POV:

If saying I’m nervous as hell would be an understatement. I think my soul left my body the whole time I’m standing here with knees shaking and wobbling. My heart is beating so fast that it would come out on my chest any moment. All eyes were on me the whole time, not because I’m some celebrity or someone important but because of the person beside me glaring at everyone. I gulped keeping my gaze low avoiding anyone’s stare.

“If you dare to look at her for more than ten seconds, I’ll blow your heads off”. He speaks full of authority and seriousness in his tone. Even I got scared of his voice and presence, especially when I’m standing beside him, I felt like dying. That would be much better than staying by his side.

Everyone lowered their gaze afraid of seeing me. This man is like a devil, not showing any mercy to anyone, even with his own employees. 

When we entered his Empire earlier. He was welcomed like a King, a king that rules and scares the hell out of everyone. No one can defy him or you’ll end up dead in no time. My head sweats just by thinking of it.

I was caught off guard when a hand wiped the sweat in my forehead. I turned to my side to meet those gray eyes, staring intently at me. 

“You’re sweating a lot, are you feeling well?”. He said as he put his palm on my forehead feeling my warmth.

I nodded while stepping back a little keeping a distance from him. That seemed to upset him when his looks turned dark and evil. I gulped before stepping forward closer to him, then his dangerous look disappeared. Trust me you wouldn’t want to see his bad side.

He smirked before taking my hand in his, I could feel electricity from his touch and that made me flinch but I decided to hide it. I’m like a dog following her master’s every order.

“Hey, relax I won’t bite”. I felt him squeeze my hand as he spoke. I look at him blankly.

“Huh?”. He chuckled.

“Such an innocent little girl…” He said keeping his hold on me tight, making sure I don’t run cuz I would if that’s the last thing I do. “Your hands are shaking horribly…” I look at my hand that’s in his, he’s right, it’s shaking horribly. 

“You don’t need to be nervous around me. I’ll kill for you but I would never lay a finger on you, remember that”. He spoke with seriousness in his tone as he walked with me towards nowhere I don’t know and I just nodded at his statement.

It’s funny how I got into this situation. Everything was the same as always just yesterday but now, I got dragged into a new world. I don't know how long I’d be here. 

We arrive at an elevator that’s only for the president to use as he drags me inside with him. There’s only two of us. The bulky guy who’s always following him left us in the entrance and the atmosphere here is so awkward. I don’t like being alone with him. I feel like dying.

The elevator door opened and he stepped out with me following him behind as we headed straight to an office which likely belonged to him. He scanned his eye before the door opened revealing a very elegant, expensive and classy office. More like a home, it’s ten times bigger than my apartment.

“Sit”. He said pointing on the sofa near his table. Like an obedient girl I followed his order and sat. I sat there like a statue.

He went to his desk which is made of glass by the way including the walls and sat. You can see the whole view of the city, those huge buildings look so small from where I was. This building is the tallest building I’ve ever seen in my life.