Ch 2 Bonfire

At home:
I'm taking my bike out of the back of Zach's truck my dad walks outside "hey kids hey Zach and Alyssa" we all say hi "what are you guys up to" "I know I said I'd stay for dinner but can I take Loralai to my buddy's bonfire tonight with sawyer and Alyssa?" Zach says "kid you know i trust you with birdy so yes just wake up for school even if your hungover" we all share a short laugh "you and Alyssa can go get ready" sawyer says and we do, while Alyssa curls her hair I pick out my outfit which is just miss me jeans, a black hoodie with my last name and my bike on the back, then i picked a white carhart beanie threw on my boots and I was ready. My hair was still French braided so no need to do anything with it; i threw some mascara and chapstick on and got back in Zach's truck Alyssa got in the back aswell as waylon. "So why are you upfront cause last time i checked im oldest" waylon says "because Zach wants his girlfriend next to him" Alyssa jokes "can you guys seriously stop Zach's my best friend we never had this problem now why all the sudden we like each other." They both go silent and when they do Zach gets in the truck I don't say anything For more than half of the drive I occasionally glimpse at Zach but I've been on my phone Zach groans gripping his shoulder "your gonna pay for riding tomorrow" I say "not as much as you and sawyer"
Later that night I'm 3 twisteds deep and I'm having fun we're all sitting in the woods around a bonfire Zach has his hand on my knee he's never been this way with me so lovey dovey I'm listening to peoples conversations when a girl named Jenna from another school walked up to Zach and sat next to him they started a conversation I not wanting to be a third wheel walked to the cooler and grabbed a keystone I like them better than teas I see Zach and Jenna walk away together cute they'd be nice together
Zach's pov
Jenna my family friend and I walk to the bed of the truck "if you think touching her knee is going to get her to like you your wrong, you need to really put in effort!" Jenna says and I know she's right I just can't blow anything with Loralie
"You don't know her like I do, youd never understand how stubborn she is." Jenna scoffs "every girl appreciates a guy who puts in effort the rest of the night all your attention is on her give her a compliment every 10 minutes and go head over boots for her" I smile at her head over boots comment "she has me tripping over em when I see her" Jenna grabs two fireballs and hands them to me . We walk back over to birds and Jenna sits a few chairs away she winks at me I hand birds a fireball.
Loralaie's pov
Zach hands over a fireball we take the shot "your trying to kill me I swear" I say "your fine bird" "my mom called yesterday" Zach looks at me with the most knowing face "what'd she say?" "Apparently she wants me to go live with her" his face goes blank "I don't know I think I'm gonna be stuck with this decision forever" I say, now his face is pissed "it's not even a debate anymore we've always got you out of going" Zach says his voice stern "I mean I've haven't been since I was 9 and it might be cool" I shrug and look away "that's 10 hours away you really want to move to Mexico?!" his voice draws me right back to his eyes I don't know if I do but my mom married a rich man there got her visa and is living lavishly I just don't think I could deal with her personality "I guess it would be cool and a good reset" I feel ashamed I said that to him "what your just gonna leave everyone? Get a nice isolated reset to Mexico?" "No zach that's not what I" Zach cuts me off by standing up and walking away I stay in my chair and Jenna sits next to me "you ok? Zach seemed pissed" "yea he's a little mad I mentioned moving to Mexico" she nods "I have no room to say this but I have to make some so please listen and believe me" I'm scared what she'll say next "Zach has been confiding in me and has told me many times he's in love with you and he's been trying to date you for months but now I'm trying to help him please don't tell him" I'm speechless for a few moments "wanna go grab some shots and find somewhere to use the bathroom to talk about this" Jenna nods and we go to the cooler full of shots I look over at zach ugh he's actually kind of cute..