Chapter 1: Between Divinity and Humanity

Marinette's POV

My name is Marinette. Over the epochs, titles have graced and haunted me: The Guardian, The Goddess, The Soul of Equilibrium. Each title bears its own legacy, weight, and tale, for my life has been far from ordinary.

Born amidst the craggy peaks of Tibet in a secluded temple, I was not just surrounded by stone and prayer but by secrets that had echoed through millennia. From my very first breaths, an intrinsic difference within me was evident. As other children relished the innocence of youth, my days were consumed by solitude, sacred rituals, and responsibilities. The temple's artifacts weren't mere relics but instruments of my lessons. My every sunrise heralded teachings that ranged from archaic dialects to the harnessing of energies that intertwined with the temple's soul and mine.

These wise monks, my guardians, raised me with a tender balance of affection and strict discipline, preparing me for a destiny far larger than the confines of our temple. My peers found joy in the village's snowy embrace or the ethereal dance of clouds, but my path was preordained, interwoven with the cosmos and our realm's balance.

With every turning of the seasons, I would be cocooned in a deep, restorative slumber. During these phases, someone chosen by fate's intricate designs would have the privilege to rouse me, becoming my master in the process. Yet, each master I've known has revered my individuality, never binding my emotions or thoughts. Their respect was a gift, but it also came with a price. The temple's boundaries were the limits of my world; it was both my sanctuary and my prison.

My role as the Guardian and Goddess ensured my sequestration from the universe beyond. My every heartbeat resonated with a purpose surpassing the individual. Amidst the well-intentioned company of priests and priestesses, solitude often veiled my spirit. With its myriad wonders, the world beyond was something I could only dream of through the whispers of tales or the ink of ancient manuscripts. From the temple's zenith, I'd often gaze at the vastness beyond, lost in thought. Yet, for all its constraints, the temple bestowed upon me powers beyond comprehension, tethering me to the universe's very heartbeat.

But as with all tales, monotony found its adversary. Damian and Heretic emerged in my life, bringing with them passion, betrayal, and trials that tested not only my might but the depths of my soul. Now, as I introspect, the paths that lie ahead beckon. The cosmos, in its boundless glory, is rife with mysteries. While rooted in ancient prophecies, my journey is also one of choices, resilience, and hope. This is a story I stand poised to unveil.

So what do you all think about this story. Please share, like and comment. I'll see you all in the next chapter Bye... 😘😘