Chapter 22: Crossing Fates and Unraveling Secrets

The League under Heretic's leadership had grown exponentially over the years. They were a force to be reckoned with with Marinette by his side. The synergy between them was undeniable, and their combined strength made them nearly invincible.

However, when Brother Blood approached with a tantalizing offer, Heretic saw an opportunity. With Marinette soon entering her cyclical slumber, she would be dormant for a while. Agreeing to Brother Blood's terms, he lent him Marinette's immense power, albeit in a limited capacity.

At Brother Blood's lair, Marinette was encased in a transparent coffin, her serene face visible, seemingly at peace yet radiating an underlying power. The sight of her piqued the interest of many, including Deathstroke and Terra.

 The sight of her piqued the interest of many, including Deathstroke and Terra

As Brother Blood unveiled his prized possession, the whispers began. "Who is she?" Deathstroke questioned, his voice carrying a hint of caution. Brother Blood, always one to enjoy a dramatic moment, elucidated Marinette's history, her connection to Heretic, and her unparalleled abilities.

The revelation caught Terra's attention. She had crossed paths with Marinette once, and the image of the ethereal deity stayed etched in her memory.

Meanwhile, during a sparring session between the members, an unforeseen event unfolded at the Titans' base. Damian's cherished necklace, a reminder of his time with Marinette, slipped from its place. The pendant, possessing half of Marinette's protective power, came into full view of the team.

The Titans, always eager to rib one another, immediately caught onto the photo within. The image of a young Damian and the beautiful Marinette drew chuckles and teasing comments.

 The image of a young Damian and the beautiful Marinette drew chuckles and teasing comments

"Who's the mystery girl, Damian?" Raven teased.

"Did you have a little crush?" Beast Boy added with a playful nudge.

Damian, ever the stoic and reserved, merely responded with his characteristic "Tt" and reclaimed his necklace. "It's none of your business," he retorted, retreating from the group. However, his attempt to hide his emotions was futile. The necklace and the memories it held meant the world to him.

Terra, having witnessed the exchange, connected the dots. The girl in Damian's necklace and the deity in the glass coffin were one and the same. She now held a piece of information that could change the dynamics of the impending conflict. The question was: how would she use this newfound knowledge?

So what do you all think about this story? Can every one of you see the picture inside the story if can please type 1 in the comment. If cannot press 2 in the comment. Because when I check it some of it I can't see it. So I want to make sure of it. Please share, like and comment. I'll see you all in the next chapter Bye... 😘😘