Chapter 15: Between Worlds and Choices

The temple's ambience, usually serene and calming, was charged with palpable tension. After using a significant portion of her power to heal Heretic, Marinette sensed another shift in the cosmic energy. The necklace she had given Damian resonated, an urgency in its pulse. Without a moment's hesitation, Marinette sought a quiet corner, drawing upon the temple's age-old magic to bridge the vast distance between Tibet and Gotham.

Closing her eyes, Marinette's spirit soared across dimensions, guided by the beacon emanating from Damian's necklace. When her ethereal form arrived, the scenes of devastation took her breath away. Gotham was in chaos, its skyline marred by towering infernos and its streets littered with fallen heroes and civilians alike.

In the midst of this apocalyptic battleground, Darkseid towered, his aura of malevolence eclipsing everything else. But what caught Marinette's attention was a scene unfolding a little distance away. Under some dark spell, Batman ruthlessly attacked the very heroes he once swore to fight alongside. And among them, trying desperately to break through to his father, was Damian.

The emotional intensity of the moment hit Marinette like a tidal wave. Damian, despite the odds, refused to give up on his father. But the universe had another twist in store. Darkseid's lethal Omega Beams locked onto Damian, and in a final act of bravery, the young warrior positioned himself between the beams and Batman, sacrificing himself.

The dark chambers of Darkside's lair reverberated with malicious laughter as Damian's body crumbled under the immense force of Darkside's power. Smoke enveloped the scene, hiding Damian's scorched form from Raven's eyes, but she could feel the energy dissipating from him, a life force that was quickly being extinguished. "Damian!" she cried out, rushing forward with all her might. But before she could reach him, an ethereal light began to emanate from the necklace around Damian's neck. It grew brighter and more intense, forcing Raven to shield her eyes momentarily.

Author's note: (When you start from here play the music because I think is more dramatic😂🤣😁)

When she looked again, a sight unlike any she had witnessed before unfolded. From the glowing necklace emerged a mirror image of a young woman, her features similar to those of Damian's beloved Marinette. The reflection shimmered with power and purpose, her eyes holding a fire of determination and wrath. She looked around, taking in the devastation Darkside had caused, and then her gaze settled on Damian. "Darkside," she hissed, her voice echoing with the power of countless Tibetan chants. "You have taken too much from this world, and now you've dared to harm him." She pointed at Damian, her voice breaking slightly. "For this, you shall pay."

Darkside, arrogant and dismissive, laughed again. "You think you can defeat me with this illusion? You are nothing but a fading memory." But before he could react, Marinette's reflection began chanting in a language older than time. Mountains seemed to shake, the very earth trembling beneath Darkside's feet. Streams of light, each representing an element - earth, fire, water, and air - lashed out, binding Darkside in their ethereal grasp. He roared angrily, trying to break free, but Marinette was relentless.

With a final, mighty shout, she pushed all her energy, causing an explosion of light that engulfed Darkside, obliterating him from existence. The aftermath was silence. The dust settled, revealing a world once again in balance. Marinette's reflection turned her attention to Damian, gently laying her ethereal hand over his wounded body. With a soft chant, she healed his wounds, leaving no trace of the damage done.

As life returned to him, his eyes fluttered open, and the first face he saw was hers. "Marinette... Is this... heaven?" His voice was weak, filled with disbelief. Tears welled up in Marinette's eyes. "No, my love. This is still the world you know. I couldn't stand by and watch you suffer." Damian tried to sit up, reaching out to touch her, but his hands passed through her shimmering form. "I thought I'd never see you again."

Tears streaming down, Marinette replied, "You're home, Damian. You're safe."

But their reunion was short-lived. Darkseid, enraged by this unexpected turn of events, prepared to unleash his fury anew. Marinette, channelling the temple's energy and the power stored in the necklace, confronted the malevolent god. With a display of power that stunned everyone present, Marinette pushed back Darkseid, sealing him away and restoring balance to Gotham.

As the dust settled, Damian approached Marinette. "You saved me. But how? Why?"

She simply replied, "Promises were made, Damian. Our paths are intertwined."

Damian, overwhelmed with emotion, whispered, "I don't want to let you go."

Marinette, with a soft smile, replied, "We may be worlds apart, but our souls are forever connected. Always remember that."

With a final embrace, Marinette's form began to fade, her duty in Gotham complete, but the bond she shared with Damian was stronger than ever.

Damian, clutching the necklace, watched as Marinette's ethereal form vanished, leaving behind a trail of shimmering particles. "Will I see you again?" he whispered, though she was no longer there to hear him.

From a distance, Nightwing approached, placing a comforting hand on Damian's shoulder. "That was... I've never seen anything like it. She's... incredible."

"She's everything," Damian murmured, his gaze still fixed on the spot where Marinette had stood moments ago.

Nightwing, understanding the depth of their bond, nodded in agreement. "You have a guardian angel, Damian, and she'll always be with you, watching over you."

As Gotham's dawn began to break, casting a golden hue over the city, the heroes regrouped. The battle was over, but its aftermath was palpable. Buildings were in ruins, and the city would need time to heal. Batman, now free from Darkseid's influence, approached Damian, wrapping him in a tight embrace. The father and son shared a moment, realizing how close they had come to losing each other.

However, amidst the reunions and the relief, Damian felt a void. Marinette's presence, though brief, had left an indelible mark on his soul. Taking a moment away from the others, Damian sat atop a rooftop, looking out at the horizon. He clutched the necklace tightly, feeling its warmth.

A soft breeze ruffled his hair, carrying with it the faint scent of the Tibetan temple. Closing his eyes, Damian could hear Marinette's voice, as clear as if she was right beside him. "Our souls are forever connected, Damian. Remember that."

A solitary tear slid down Damian's cheek. While he was surrounded by his family and fellow heroes, a part of his heart would always be with Marinette, the guardian of the temple, the healer who had touched his soul.

So what do you all think about this story? Please share, like and comment. I'll see you all in the next chapter Bye... 😘😘