2 Eric's P.O.V.

I had to leave her. Her mom knows she is divergent and is using her against me. She told me a week before the ceremony, that if I didn't leave, she will kill her. Her own daughter. I love her enough to leave her. I have to protect her. I hope she doesn't hate me for leaving. I see the hurt in her eyes. I told my parents not to come to family day but they still might come to bring Dani. I cant see her broken like she was when I left. My aptitude test even stated I was a Dauntless. This is going to be torture trying to get over her. I wish her well in life but I need to focus on initiation. As the train continues on the track, I hear someone say get ready. I look out the window and see people jumping onto a roof top. Are they trying to kill us? I jump and land on my feet. Okay, that was kind of fun. I see a guy standing on the other edge of the roof. There is a bunch of Dauntless-born, a handful of Candor, a bunch of Erudite, one Abnagation, and no Amity like normal. Amity stay to themselves. I find all that fake happiness is discusting and irritating. No one is ever that happy. After everyone that made the jump is in the group, the guy rolls his eyes.

"I'm Zeke. One of your leaders at Dauntless. If you want to get in, this is the way," he says gesturing over the edge. "If you are afraid to jump, you will be pushed. Fear is not an option here," he says and the group nods.

"Is there water at the bottom or something," the Abnegation boy asks.

"You'll have to jump to find out. So, who want to go first," Zeke asks.

"I'll go," I say raising my hand.

He nods and I walk to the edge. I see the hole and release the breath I was holding. I let myself fall and it feels freeing. The feeling soon ends as I hit a net. I get off with help from another leader. I wait for the rest of the people to jump. The guy from Abnagation was the next to jump. After everyone has jumped, the Dauntless-born go with a leader named Lauren. All the transfers stay with Zeke. We walk into a large area looking like a pit.

"This is what we call the pit. Shops, restaurants, tattoo and hair studios, the works is all in the pit," he says as we start to cross a bridge. "And this is the chasm. If you fall into it, there's no surviving," he says.

We follow him to the training room. Its huge. there are different areas for different skills. We stop in front of a ring.

"This is the training room You will train separately from the Dauntless born," he says as another leader brings over a scoreboard looking thing. "You will be scored with them though. If you are under the line at the end of stage one, you will be cut," Zeke says.

"Cut? What does that mean? Why didn't anyone tell us this," a Candor boy asks.

"Would you have chosen differently? Out of fear? You picked us, now we pick you," Zeke says looking serious. "Fear is not an option here at Daunltess. If you are afraid then leave now. There are two stages of training. The first one is physical. You will be pushed to your breaking point. The second stage is mental. Again breaking point. This will be the hardest time. I mean the first three weeks is what you have for the adjustment period. I will take you to the initiate sleeping quarters now. Follow me," he says.

We follow him down a staircase. I see a bunch of beds and an open bath room.

"This is your sleeping quaters. Guys and girls. After initiation, who ever makes it will be awarded jobs depending on their rank. Higher the rank, the better the job," he says.

I need to be top rank. I wanna be a leader. We get told to change then go to the mess hall. Me and the Abnegation boy, who is now named Four, are getting along okay. Never thought I would be friends with a stiff. We go to the mess hall. All the initiates are put at two tables. We sit down to eat and I see Four struggling to eat a burger.

"Have you never ate a hamburger before," I ask.

He shakes his head no and I fix it for him.

"Now pick it up and eat it with your hands," I say and take a bit of my hamburger.

Eventually, after everyone has eaten, cups start getting hit on the tables.

"Initiates stand," a guy says and we stand. "I am Max. Today is a great day. But tomorrow starts the real work. But remember fear is not an option here in the faction of the brave and strong. And always remember faction before blood," he says.

"Faction before blood," Everyone says.

"Have a good night," Max says and everyone cheers.

After dinner, we go back to the bunks. Four's bunk is next to mine. Man, I wonder what Danielle is up to. No, can't think about her. I need a clear head. We're done. I am single and thats how it will stay. Me and four go to sleep to prepare ourselves for tomorrow.

*THE NEXT DAY*

We get woken up early.

"Everyone better be in the Training room in ten minutes. If anyone is late, an extra hour will be tacked on per person," Zeke says.

Me and Four Quickly get dressed and hurry to the training room. No one was late. We start with a run around the perimeter. Man, it's long. We get back to the training room. The girls were complaining. Now we are moving onto gun training. I bet I'll be good at this. I hit the target every time. We get released for lunch about an hour after. My legs hurt. It's a good hurt though. I would have thought I would really be here. It's amazing to see how big Dauntless really is.  I might get a tattoo soon. Try something new and unexpected for once. I mean, it's crazy for me to even think about getting a tattoo. I heard there is some awesome parties too. This is going to be a fun learning experience. Hopefully, I'll learn to deal with the burning muscles soon.