Your Ghost

Chapter 6: Your Ghost

"Mr. Salvatore?" The doctor asks. I get up immediately hoping he may have some good news.

He sighs. "I have a news for you" he says. I shake my head showing him yes tell me. Tell me she's fine and alive. Tell me some miracle happened and you saved her even though she is already declared dead.

"Miss Gilbert was three months pregnant. I'm sorry" he says petting my shoulder as he leaves.

"She what?" I whisper to myself as I feel my body lose the gravity. I sit on the chair with a loud thump. My mind is racing but my body isn't reacting. I want to scream, I want to cry so badly but nothing comes out of my mouth.

My phone vibrates. After a few minutes probably after dodging five calls I slowly gain my balance and take my phone out of my pocket.

I receive it. "Hey, Stefan? Where are you?" He asks. My manager. I don't say anything. He sounds excited. Why is he excited? I ask myself on mind. "The Bris has listened to your album and they got so crazy that they're going to sign you for their upcoming albums. We finally did it, Stefan. We did it. Wohhooo!" He says to me.

I gently pull my phone out of ear. Not even bothering what he just said. I've been waiting for such big opportunity for a long time but now I do not even want to live anymore.

"Why didn't you tell me before?" Melissa asks me. I put my face between my palms, rub it. "Mourning for my unborn child? Mel, back then it didn't matter to me. I wasn't in love or was ready to become a father" I tell her. It's true. I wasn't planning any of it. But it hurt like hell knowing about the child. My child. Elena and I's child.

"But you would have loved it. You wanted it after knowing.... Didn't you?" She asks, sounds hesitant. I look at her. She looks so sad hearing all of it. I smile softly. "Yes, if Elena wanted to keep it. I would've" I say caressing her cheek. After all it was Elena's body. The baby wasn't planned. It was her choice if she wanted to keep the child or not. But I know deep down she'd love to be a mother. She was motherly. The child would have been so lucky.

"Did Elena ever know?" Melissa asks. I sigh. I don't think so she knew or maybe she knew. But if she knew she wouldn't be childish enough to do something childish and cause her own death.

"I don't know. What happened to her was an accident. I don't think so she knew" I tell her.

We stay silent as she takes a deep breath. Her eyes fall. I lick my lips. "It is a tough night. We should head back to home" I tell her.

She nods. "I'm sorry" she says. I smile. "You've every right to be mad at me. I gave you the reason." I tell her.

"No, it's not okay. I've no right to act like that with you. You're in a mess and you're trying so hard to put yourself together." She tells me as gets up.

I look at her. She slowly puts both of her hands on my shoulder and rubs them. I wrap my hands on her waist.

"I'll be better, I promise" I say kissing her stomach. She makes me look at her. She straddles on my lap. "I love you" she tells me as her head leans down, her lips are against my lips.

I take her immediately. Things start getting heavy between us as we deepening the kiss.

I pull her closer and make her lay on the couch as I hover over her. I break the kiss and start kissing her neck.

She moans and moves with me. I go on the other side of her neck.

"Stefan" she whispers. I get goosebumps when her voice sinks in my ear. I've heard it before.

I stop kissing her neck as I get up to look at her. I choke on my breath when I see her face. Elena.

"You're not Melissa" I say softly. She smirks. "No, I'm not" she says looking at me with those hungry eyes of hers. Just like the old times.

"If I were to Melissa, would you stop?" She asks me making me eager to get back on her lips. I shake my head. "No" I say.

"Then take me. Make love to me. Just like the old times" she tells me. Inviting me more in her arms.

I don't hesitate for a second as I start kissing her. It's not Melissa. It's Elena. My Elena.

Thanks for reading please vote and review