Promise Ring

Chapter 7: Promise Ring

I can't help but roam my hand on her naked belly. Her head is resting on my arm. I know this isn't her. I know it's the drugs. But I can't picture myself with Melissa. I blink hard. I shake my head. I close my eyes to let go of her but when I open it again, it's her. Elena.

"You're not real" I say in a deep sigh. She brushes her hand on my naked chest. "To others, yes. To you, no" she says now getting up a little and place both of her hands on my chest, keep her chin on the top while she's looking at me.

"I'm sorry" I tell her. It's true. I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I couldn't save her or help her. And the baby. Our baby. We lost it.

"Are you really!" She asks me tilting her head. I look up. "Yes" I say. "I don't believe you, Stefan. If you were actually sorry, you wouldn't be moved on too fast" she says kissing my chest.

"I'm...." I let out a silent moan. "Ehmmm" I hum. "You like that don't you" she giggles on my skin. Goosebumps rush on my skin. Inside me, deeper.

"Elena" I say softly caressing her hair. She looks at me with those mischievous eyes. She slowly goes down kissing my chest, my stomach. I know where she's going. I inhale deeply.

Her tongue swirls on me. I groan. She keeps taking me more and more. I'm unable to think straight. Her mouth is dangerous. I know it. I've been there. Some intense pleasure only Elena can provide.

I yell when I get to cum inside her mouth. I look up when I see her wiping my cum of her mouth and jumps off me.

I exhale deeply. "Where are you going?" I ask her tiredly. She giggles as she picks out her clothes. I keep looking at her. She looks so free and full of life. But above all she looks real, alive. The way I wanted her to be always.

"Home" she says zipping up her pant, throwing her bra on her skin. I hate how she's covered in clothes now. I love to see her in no clothes.

"We can stay for a while here" I tell her. She brushes her hair off. "Nope, gotta go" she says running towards me leaving a peek kiss on my lips.

I sigh and throw myself on the couch again.

"God!!" I yell loudly.

What happened! Are you okay?

I look around. I'm alone at my studio. Who's talking?

Who? I ask.

Stefan? Wake up. Are you okay?

I hear again.

What the fuck is going on.

And then everything gets clear. I wake up in frustration. I feel sweaty. Have I been dreaming? Dreaming of Elena.

I look around and then I see Melissa looking at me scared.

"What happened?" I ask her, trying to process everything.

"You were mumbling something and making faces like you were in pain or pleasure. I don't know exactly" she tells me placing her hand on my forehead.

"What happened last night!" I ask her.
She licks her lips. "Well, we were kissing and you put me in your arms then we fell asleep" she tells me.

I close my eyes. Curse myself. So, I was dreaming about her. Great! Now she's consuming my dreams too as if hallucination wasn't enough. This must stop. I need to end this.

I get up immediately. Melissa looks tensed. I take my jacket and wear it fastly.

"Where are you going!" She asks me. I look at her as I wear my shoes. "I've to be somewhere else right now. Mel. Go home and take care of yourself." I tell her and storm out of the vanity.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The Forbes Graveyard

I walk in. I don't go on graveyards. Not since my mother died. Damon insisted me so much to go and visit mother but I didn't have enough strength to go and see her again.

I keep walking and walking until I find Elena's grave. I sigh. I bend my knees exhale loudly.

"Hi, El" I say. "I know I've never been here until now..." I pause to look down.

"And I know how much I sucked being a boyfriend. I practically used you for my benefits. I never gave you the credits for the songs you've written. I never valued you as a girlfriend, let alone a human. I always thought of you as a time pass and my time healer. And I know that you knew all this and you let me." I exhale. A tear drops of my eye.

"And I couldn't save you. Watched you fall off the bridge. I couldn't, Elena. I couldn't save my mom too. I'm scared of being with people. People that I love and care about" I sob.

"Our child. He/she should be here with us. You're supposed to be here and you're not." I say. I rub the dust on the silver stone.

"So, I have let you go. I need to move on. I've a person in my life now. And I care about her. I love her. She's nice. You'd have loved her too. I can't let you consume me anymore, Elena. You're gone. You're not coming back" I say softly.

I shove my hand in my pocket and take out the ring she gave me. It was a promise ring. I run my thumb on the ring. To Stefan from Elena together forever was written.

I drop it and stand up, wait for a moment.

"Goodbye Elena"

Thanks for reading please vote and review.