The Case

Hermione got to work early, just like every day before, but instead of just being an hour earlier, she was two hours early, so when she walked into her boss's office, her boss was surprised to see her.

"Miss.Granger, you are here awfully early. What can I do for you?" Her boss, Mrs. Tuck, asked her with a tone of surprise.

"Well, I heard you were going to give the Malfoy cases out today, and I would like them both." She had determination in her eyes; she was not walking away until she had both cases in her hands, and her boss could see this.

"As you wish, I just hope this won't be too much for you to handle...what am I saying? Of course it won't be." She said with a laugh as she handed the files to Hermione. She took the files, and with a smile, she left down the hall to her own office to get started. In a day or two, she would have to be ready for a meeting with both the Malfoys.

Four hours into looking over the files and noting how they could win their case, there was a knock on her door before it flung open. With a quick whisk of her wand, she cast the Disilushenment charm on her papers to keep the client a secret from whoever just barged in.

"Hermione, you are late for our lunch; I have been waiting for an hour!" All she could see was a mixture of red and orange, orange hair, a red face, and funny enough orange clothes. It was Ron, and was he angry? Hermione glances at the clock on the wall and sees that she is indeed late for her lunch with Ron.

"Bloody...I'm sorry, Ron, I got caught up in work, but we can go now. Let me just gather my things. " She stands from her seat, picking up her stuff while also trying to stay focused on her spelled papers so Ron doesn't get even more upset.

"What are you hiding." He asked after realizing she had moved fast to hide some papers. He walked to her desk to peek but only saw some forms for her boss.

"It's nothing, Ron, just some confidential information about a case." Hermione states, waving him away from her desk. She finishes grabbing her things and ushers Ron out of the office, closing and locking her door.

"Fine, but since you were late and I had to come get you, I'm picking the place for lunch." Not wanting a fight, she lets Ron pick, even though she wants to try this new place built a few blocks away.

They walk together down to the front of the Ministry and out the doors; Hermione lets Ron take her hand as he leads her to the restaurant he wants to eat at. To Hermione's disappointment, it is a burger joint, the same place they go every time Ron picks lunch.

"Ron, must we eat here every time you pick the place? I am getting dreadfully tired of burgers. Can't we go to the lovely bistro down the block? " Hermione asks, knowing there is no way Ron would leave and go somewhere else. She was going to have to suck it up.

"No, you were late, which means I get to pick the place now. And I want a burger." He says as he drags her into the restaurant if you can even call it that. As soon as they enter, there is a scent of grease and sweat.

After they order, they take their seats in the back of the place, and Hermione tries to make some small talk, to no avail; all Ron wants to talk about is the case she had hidden from him.

"Really, Ron, I cannot talk about it. The clients want to stay anonymous till the trial; they only want the lawyers and judge to know. So please, Ron, just drop it." Hermione says, trying not to raise her voice and cause a scene.

With a huff, Ron crosses his arms and looks out the window, hoping that pouting about it will make Hermione give in and tell him. However, when it doesn't, he throws his arms into the air.

"Mione, it's just a stupid name. It's not like you're sticking your neck out for someone who tried to kill us; it's probably just some kid who was caught doing underage magic." Ron says, but boy, was he wrong, he was so so wrong. Hermione just looked out the window and shook her head, trying to tell Ron she was done with this topic.

They sit silently for a few minutes before Ron stands, saying something about the bathroom. Hermione sighs after he's gone, letting some tension slip from her shoulders. This would be a long lunch, so Ron kept this up.

Upon hearing their names being called, signaling the food was ready, she stands and goes to get it. Coming back to the table, Ron is still not back from the bathroom, so she sits and eats her food.

Halfway through her burger, she saw Ron coming back. However, he was not coming from the way of the bathrooms but back in through the front door. When had he gone outside?

"Hermione!" He yells, causing the whole place to turn and look; he storms over to her and takes her arm, dissapparating them away. It's good that this burger place was in Wizard London; there would be a whole mess at work later.

After landing wherever Ron had taken them, she harshly pulled her arm from his grasp.

"Have you lost your mind, Ronald Weasley!? What the bloody hell was that? Where did you go? Because it was definitely not the loo!" Hermione screams as she tries to take in her surroundings to figure out where they are.

"Have I lost my mind? How about yours? Did you take the bloody ferret's case? He's meant to be spending life in Azkaban, and you're going to work to get him out!?" Ron retaliates, trying to retake Hermiones' arm, but she keeps moving from his reach.

"You broke into my office and looked at confidential records? Ron, I could lose my job for that. You could too, and not just that, you could be sent to Azkaban!" Hermione says, before dissapparating back to her office, only to find the door wide open and papers everywhere. She was relieved to see Harry standing there.

"I didn't do this" Was all he said with his hands up like Hermione would shoot him with some spell.

All Hermione could do at that moment was laugh.