Celebration

***The next chapters have been edited before uploading, I plan to go back though the first chapters and edit them, though I am not sure when I will have the time to do that. Enjoy!***

The following month dragged on for Draco, each day feeling like an eternity as he awaited news about the job. Despite Hermione's optimistic assurances, Draco couldn't shake his worries about his background hindering his chances.

 Then, one Tuesday morning, a letter arrived from Hermione, sparking a mix of anticipation and apprehension within Draco, it read:

Mr. Malfoy,

I am pleased to announce that you have been selected to join St. Mango's as a Mediwizard. Tomorrow, kindly proceed to St. Mango's with the enclosed form. Upon arrival, seek out the head of the department, who will guide you through the necessary preparations for your first day.

Good job and good luck.

Sincerely,

Hermione Granger

Department of Magical Law Enforcement 

Draco was surprised that they accepted him, he was certain they would send him away just after reading the name on the paper. Draco decided to write a small reply to the witch that gave him the good news. 

Granger,

Thank you for helping me with this.

D.M

He sent it right after signing the letter. 

Draco sauntered into Blaise's room, a nonchalant grin on his face. "Hey, guess what? They took me at St. Mango's."

Blaise shot up from his chair, eyes wide with excitement. "No way! That's amazing, Draco!"

Draco shrugged, trying to play it cool. "Yeah, I mean, I guess it's not too bad."

"Not too bad? Draco, this is brilliant news! You're going to be a mediwizard!" Blaise exclaimed, unable to contain his enthusiasm.

Draco chuckled, a hint of pride creeping into his voice. "Yeah, I suppose so. Looks like I'll be starting tomorrow, meeting with the head of the department."

Blaise clapped him on the back. "Well, we definitely need to celebrate tonight. To the newest mediwizard at St. Mango's!"

Draco settled into a chair, trying to downplay his excitement. "It's a relief, for sure. I was half expecting them to toss my application the moment they saw my name."

Blaise shook his head, a wide grin spreading across his face. "You worry too much, Draco. You've got the skills for this."

Draco shrugged, a small smile tugging at the corner of his lips. "I guess we'll find out. But yeah, a celebration sounds good. I could use a drink or two."

"Or three," Blaise added with a laugh. "This calls for a proper celebration. I'll get some firewhiskey. We'll make tonight memorable!"

Draco chuckled, feeling a weight lifted off his shoulders. "Alright, alright, let's not get too carried away. But yeah, let's make it a night to remember."

Draco and Blaise headed downstairs to Pansy's apartment, where they found her lounging on the sofa, flipping through a magazine.

"Pansy, Theo, we've got some news," Blaise announced, leaning against the doorway.

Pansy looked up, intrigued. "What's going on?"

Draco grinned. "I got the job at St. Mango's as a mediwizard."

Pansy's eyes widened. "No way, Draco! That's incredible!"

Theo, who was sitting at the kitchen table, looked up from his book. "Congratulations, Draco. That's fantastic news."

Blaise nodded. "We're celebrating tonight with some firewhiskey. You in?"

Pansy smiled. "Absolutely. I'll grab some snacks. We're making this a proper celebration."

Theo chuckled. "Sounds like a plan. Congratulations, Draco. This calls for a toast."

Draco felt a surge of gratitude towards his friends. "Thanks, everyone. I couldn't have done it without your support."

***At Harry and Ginny's home***

Hermione sat in the cozy living room of Ginny and Harry's home, sipping on a cup of tea. She had just finished recounting the news about Draco's acceptance at St. Mango's, but instead of joy, there was a sense of concern in the room.

"Draco Malfoy, working as a mediwizard?" Harry asked, his tone laced with surprise.

Hermione nodded slowly. "Yes, it seems so. He was worried about his background affecting his chances, but they decided to give him a chance."

Ginny furrowed her brow. "I hope he's thought this through. Working in the medical field can be incredibly challenging, especially for someone like Draco."

Harry nodded in agreement. "He's had a tumultuous past. I just hope he's prepared for the responsibility that comes with a job like this."

Hermione sighed, feeling the weight of their concerns. "I understand your worries. But I truly believe Draco has changed. He's been working hard to make amends for his past mistakes."

Ginny reached out and squeezed Hermione's hand. "We trust your judgment, Hermione. If you believe in him, then we'll support him too."

Harry nodded, a determined look in his eyes. "Let's hope this is the fresh start Draco needs. We'll be here for him, whatever happens."

Hermione appreciated their concern, knowing they were only looking out for Draco's well-being. "I understand your worries. It's a big responsibility, but I think Draco is ready for it. He's shown a lot of growth and dedication."

Ginny nodded, a small smile playing on her lips. "You always see the best in people, Hermione. I hope you're right about Draco."

Harry sighed, leaning back in his chair. "Well, if anyone can help him succeed, it's you, Hermione. Just make sure he knows what he's getting into."

Hermione nodded, feeling a sense of determination. "I will. I'll make sure he's fully prepared for the challenges ahead."

Ginny and Harry exchanged a glance, reassured by Hermione's confidence. They knew that with Hermione by his side, Draco would have a fighting chance at making a new start.

***back at Draco's apartment***

As the night wore on, the small party at Draco's apartment had reached its peak. Bottles of firewhiskey littered the coffee table, and the air was filled with laughter and chatter.

Blaise and Theo, both slightly tipsy from the drinks, were now engaged in a heated debate about the best Quidditch team of all time, their voices growing louder and more animated with each passing minute.

Draco and Pansy sat on the sofa, watching the scene unfold with amusement. Pansy giggled, her cheeks flushed from the alcohol. "I think they've had a bit too much to drink."

Draco chuckled, taking a sip of his drink. "I think you might be right. But it's entertaining, to say the least."

Blaise suddenly jumped up from his seat, nearly spilling his drink. "I'll prove it to you, Theo! The Montrose Magpies were the best team in history, hands down!"

Theo shook his head, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "No way, Blaise. The Holyhead Harpies were far superior. Their agility and skill were unmatched!"

Draco and Pansy burst into laughter, unable to contain themselves any longer. Blaise and Theo looked at them, momentarily confused, before joining in the laughter themselves.

The party continued late into the night, with Blaise and Theo making more fools of themselves and Draco and Pansy enjoying every moment of it. It was a night they would all remember for a long time to come.