𝑛𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑒𝑙𝑠𝑒 𝑚𝑎𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑠 | 𝑗.𝑚

PAIRING: jj maybank x fem!reader WARNINGS: none GENRE: just fluff SONG INSPIRATION: i love you baby by frank sinatra WORD COUNT: 371

PAIRING: jj maybank x fem!reader                                                                                                                WARNINGS: none                                                                                         ...

you laid on john b's couch, flipping through the pages of the book you were currently reading. mostly engrossed in it, but not enough so you were able to hear jj say his goodnights to kie and pope.

hearing him chuckle as he walked through the front door, you still tried to concentrate on the words that were close to your face, but found it more difficult as you felt his gaze land on you, only looking up when he hovered beside you with a goofy smile on his lips.

no words were exchanged between you, but you knew what he wanted, so you folded the corner of the page that you were on, leaving you where you had finished. placing the book closed beside the two of you on the coffee table.

that's when he climbed on top of you and into your arms, entangling his legs with yours, his head resting against your chest.

"i missed you so much," he mumbled into the fabric of your shirt.

even though you had been together the entire day you knew exactly how he felt. you could also tell after getting back that you were both well beyond tired.

that's when you started running your fingers through his hair, feeling him melt into your touch. a smile appeared on your face, feeling accomplished at being able to make someone special to you so comfortable.

you started humming the melody of frank sinatra's i love you baby continuing to stroke the blonde hairs out of his face, it took little to no time for him to fall asleep to your voice and the buzz of the cicadas outside of the window.

you always felt a little bit uneasy going to sleep at night, the overthinking thoughts echoing loud in your mind, oh but that all stopped when you met jj.

he would protect you with his life, his arms wrapped tighter around you, moving slightly in his sleep as he snuggled into you. he made sure you knew that too.