𝑎𝑙𝑤𝑎𝑦𝑠 | 𝑟.𝑐

PAIRING: rafe cameron x fem!reader WARNINGS: mentions of a breakdown GENRE: angst SONG INSPIRATION: give me love by ed sheeran WORD COUNT: 926

PAIRING: rafe cameron x fem!reader                                                                                                             WARNINGS: mentions of a breakdown                                                                       ...

you'd often stay in on the weekends, not like your friends who either drank or got high. it wasn't particularly your scene.

it was the end of exams week and everyone was celebrating for not having to put in any more sleepless nights of studying, well most did. others knocked back drinks trying to forget how badly they think they did.

it didn't take long for you to find a cheesy rom-com, a large platter of snacks balanced on top of your legs, halfway through the movie picking up your phone and mindlessly scrolling through instagram.

a smile tugging at the corners of your lips as you scrolled through a video of jj maybank doing a handstand whilst drinking from a keg, everyone cheering and laughing after he succeeded. he was walking over to the camera and that's when your phone started to ring.

rafe.

not knowing why but a lump formed in your throat making it hard for you to swallow, your stomach churned as you pressed the phone against your ear.

"i-i need you. please..." his voice was so quiet, so broken.

that was it all took for you to be up out of bed and out of the door. his soft cries and deep sniffles worried you more as you ran to his house.

it felt like you could hear every beat of your heart, nothing in that moment mattered but him.

barging into the cameron residence which seemed to be empty for the most part.

calling out his name, as you made a beeline straight for his bedroom.

the large pieces of shattered glass on the floor didn't go unnoticed, some family photos were either on the floor or lopsided too.

the door to his room ajar, letting out a deep breath as your fingertips grazed the solid surface before fully pushing it open.

you've never seen him look so small before.

his chin rested on his knees, his arm wrapped around his legs bringing them closer to his chest as his shoulders shook. his hair covering most of his face.

slowly kneeling beside him, shuffling closer to his shivering body.

he lifted his head up, making eye contact with you.

"oh rafe..." your voice was gentle as you reached out to cup his cheek, thumb brushing away the tears that fell.

the skin of his nose a rosy pink, his eyelids puffy from crying, but his eyes... carried something so much more.

the grief. the sorrow. the confusion.

tears flow down his cheeks freely as he nuzzled against your palm, having felt it had been long enough, you pulled him into your arms and held him as he cried into your neck.

"im so sorry for c-crying, ill be fine."

you felt your heart break a tiny bit more and just embraced him tighter against you.

"you never need to apologize to me. ever. and certainly not for crying." tears of your own stung in your eyes as your hand stroked small circles on his back.

it had been hours since you found rafe, he was now safely tucked into bed fast asleep and you were bent over cleaning up the larger pieces of glass, then sweeping the smaller ones into a pan.

readjusting the frames of the rest so they were straightened.

there were a couple of times when things were like this. when rafe would randomly show up outside your bedroom window or he'd call you from toppers house phone needing you.

it was more frequent over the last couple of years. you didn't mind it. the people around you did since you always dropped anything and everything for him, but he'd done the same for you in similar circumstances.

whether it had been an argument with your parents or your friends, even if it was just protecting you from some random creep. he was there.

but you do have to admit this had been one of the worst conditions that you had found him in and it worried you to no end.

after finishing cleaning up most, if not all of the mess you went down and got yourself a glass of water, sliding open the door to the back porch.

a light breeze brushed against your skin as you leaned against the concrete railing, watching as the waves of the sea washed over one another.

continuing to slowly sip at your drink as you closed your eyes and took all of it in, trying to find a peaceful state of mind before going back in the house to sleep.

that was until you felt a large hand delicately trace over your shoulder, tensing up you opened your eyes spinning around to whoever it was. soon relaxing when you were met with the familiar sleepy blue eyes of none other than rafe.

a soft smile stretched across his lips as you rested your head against his shoulder, letting out a sigh of relief. leaving a playful tap on his bicep for scaring you.

"what are you doing up?" you questioned as you looked up at him.

"noticed you were gone and got worried..." he spoke quietly, sheepishly smiling as he left a peck on the top of your hair, wrapping his arms around you.

"awh, did ya miss me?" a playful laugh left you as you continued to tease him until he had enough of your games and threw you over his shoulder, taking you back to bed.

you were glad that you had him and he was glad that he had you.