𝑓𝑢𝑐𝑘 𝑖𝑡 | 𝑟.𝑐

PAIRING: rafe cameron x gn!reader WARNINGS: rude customer, fighting & strong language GENRE: angst to fluff SONG INSPIRATION: wash by bon iver WORD COUNT: 774

PAIRING: rafe cameron x gn!reader                                                                                                                WARNINGS: rude customer, fighting & strong language                                                   ...

today was certainly not your day.

starting it off by being late for work was of course not ideal, silently hating your boss for making you come in so early after opening.

the catching up wasn't even the worst part of it since you were used to rush hour, but having a new hire fumbling every five minutes didn't really help your patience.

so on top of being late, doing the usual morning rush, having to practically retrain your co-worker everything. your boss decides to be a dick and rush you on your lunch break, not being able to eat half of your sandwich then you were back at it again.

right now you were on your last straw. trying to keep up with some stuck up kooks long ass coffee order.

the sigh of relief you let out after finishing it almost wiped you out, taking so much of your time and concentration. you turned around putting on your best fake smile.

"tiffany!" you announced, eyes scanning the room landing on the short blonde whose nails were aggressively tapping against her phone screen.

"oh that's me!" she giggled as she wobbled forward in her tall heels, grabbing the drink off of the counter and taking a sip of it.

"oh my god who made this is disgusting! this isn't what i asked for."

"excuse me ma'am that was me and i made it exactly how you ordered it." you spoke to her, clenching your teeth praying to the gods that she wouldn't test you.

"hm no it isn't, you wanna try?" she said whilst taking off the lid off the drink to then throw the contents inside in your face, going to leave after doing that.

leaving you stood there in the middle of the jammed shop, everyone silent and looking at you.

you just laughed, tongue pressed to your cheek, tilting your head back as you ripped your apron off, running out of the shop after her.

tiffany clearly didn't hear the hurried footsteps behind her, but she definitely felt you turning and pushing her to the ground. her phone breaking against the concrete.

you dropped to your knees, straddling her hips getting a few punches in. her crying grew louder when you stopped and got off of her.

"i don't give a fuck who you are. respect your retail workers!" you pointed down at her then ran off to your car trying to ignore the fact that everyone had been staring at you.

----

tears welled up in your eyes as you banged on the door of your boyfriends house, hoping that he'd be in.

you heard the muffled talking getting closer and louder to the door before it opened. revealing an angry rafe on the phone, seeing you made it turn into worry, him ending the call grabbing your hands helping you into his home.

"sweetheart, what happened?" he questioned, but you just fell into his embrace, sobbing so hard against the material of his shirt.

even with you being a sticky mess, he wrapped his arms around you bringing you even closer to him not caring about his clothes, only you.

"shh it's alright, you're okay. i'm here."

----

after a little while of him holding you rafe brought you to the bathroom, your crying now subsided. he convinced you to stay the night with him as he ran you a bath.

helping you strip yourself of your clothing, holding your hand helping you into the water. leaving you so it could soak off the majority of the dry splotches.

"you wanna tell me what went down, love?" his words soft as he sat himself beside you on the floor of the bathroom.

"i... i don't even know. it all happened so quickly..." you told him everything about your day from the beginning to now. he grabbed a soft sponge and soap, gently grasping one of your arms getting to work on making them clean as he listened.

"so...it sounds like she deserved it." you laughed at that, feeling an invisible weight be lifted off of your shoulders.

"i guess so."

he then moved onto washing your hair, his fingers massaging your scalp making you physically melt into him.

for the rest of your bath you laughed and joked, talking about everything you were gonna do after you were out of the bathroom. almost forgetting what happened.

you were so glad that you had someone as amazing as rafe, knowing that you never had to struggle as long as he was around.