𝑖𝑚 ℎ𝑜𝑙𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑜𝑛. . . 𝑏𝑎𝑟𝑒𝑙𝑦 | 𝑗.𝑚

PAIRING: jj maybank x gn!reader
WARNINGS: 'unreciprocated' feelings
GENRE: angst/fluff
SONG INSPIRATION: back to you by selena gomez
WORD COUNT: 757

PAIRING: jj maybank x gn!readerWARNINGS: 'unreciprocated' feelingsGENRE: angst/fluffSONG INSPIRATION: back to you by selena gomezWORD COUNT: 757

all you've ever wanted was to be loved, like the sort of love that you'd find in hallmark movies and romance novels.

maybe it was because it always seems to work out for the two best friends who realize that they're in love with each other years down the line, doing the whole running to stop the train scene or booking the first flight to wherever the person was because they couldn't help not being without them for another second.

yeah well this definitely isn't a movie this is real life. where you're in love with your playboy best friend. who has very clearly not shown any interest in you in the whole six years of your friendship, you should probably stop doting over him.

then again it is quite difficult to do that since you can't help being attracted to him since he's the literal guy version of you, not in looks but in personality you were practically the same person.

sarah and kiera always comforted you whenever you'd see him chasing another girl. even though john and pope never said anything, you could see their obvious side glances at you.

you just couldn't wrap your head around why he couldn't see what was right in front of him, quite literally!

pining over someone that wouldn't even look in your direction romantically doesn't really do wonders for your mental health. that's how you ended up wrapped up in your covers with a large pizza with sweet home alabama playing in the background. the other pogues were at some party that you weren't wanting to go to so you opted for the 'self care' night you were currently having.

your parents had conveniently gone out for a date night so you could sulk in peace.

ding dong!

"seriously? maybe if i stay quiet they'll just go away–" you think but were cut off by the constant ringing of the door bell.

groaning as you dragged yourself out of bed and downstairs, the doorbell still being rang in a songlike manner, looking through your peephole being met with a soaked jj.

You twisted the key and pulled the door open for him. "what are you doing here jay?"

"nice to see you too, now if..you... don't mind." he squeezed past you into your home, his clothes still dripping, grabbing a towel for him so he couldn't soak the carpet more than he already had, trying to spare yourself the lecture from your parents later.

"i thought you were at that party?" you questioned him as you watched him drag the towel across his body briefly before ruffling his hair with it.

"oh yeah! there was a noise complaint, cops showed up and they shut it down blah blah blah." he let the towel hang over his shoulders as he approached you.

"thought i'd come and see my favourite person instead!" he smiled at you, looking up into his eyes. it was always a dangerous game with jj, that intoxicating blue had the tightest hold on you. he didn't know that all he'd have to do is look at you to get pretty much anything he wanted.

you'd keep that to yourself though.

"yeah, yeah. you're lucky i didn't leave you out in the cold." you snorted, making your way back up to your room, him trailing close behind you.

"you know the drill, maybank."

"I know, no outside clothes on the bed," he whined, standing at the bottom of your bed playfully throwing his head back, impatiently waiting for you to come back with the spare clothes he left with you. It made sense to leave some since he stayed over so often.

with a salute he shut the bathroom door.

----

you totally forgot what you were worried about with the way that jj made you laugh as you both joked and stuffed your faces with cold pizza. as the night went on you did manage to finish your movie with protests coming from the sleepy blonde.

not knowing how it happened but the two of you ended up cuddling, him being the big spoon you laying on his splayed out arm, the other thrown over your stomach. hearing his evened out breaths from behind you knowing he was asleep as the credits rolled.

smiling to yourself knowing he would doze off before the movie finishes since he always does.

"it hurts me, just how much i ache for you." you whisper out loud before drifting to sleep..

Not knowing that he was actually awake beside you.