3.0

Monday June 19, 2023

I woke up to the sun streaming through my window because once again I had forgotten to close the shades. I layed there for what felt like an eternity trying to go back to sleep but my body didn't want to listen so I looked over to the clock on the nightstand that read 7:02am and wanted to scream. I didn't, not wanting to wake the people who were smarter and probably happier than me up and got up.

I decided that going on a walk wouldn't be the worst way to spend my early morning. I've always loved the calm and beauty of early mornings, just never the act of waking up so I grabbed my phone from the charger, looked at the weather. Right now it looked like my Pyjama shorts with an oversized hoodie would keep me comfy so I grabbed one of my old and favorite Berklee hoodies and put a hat on too so that the bright and obnoxious sun would not blind me. I grabbed my airpods knowing I may or may not want to listen to music and made my way down to the mud room to put on my shoes.

The lake community was nice. There weren't many paved roads or sidewalks but also not many cars either. Maybe because it's 7:30 or maybe because they're aren't too many cars in general. The roads would go through the woods and then there were little hidden nature walks.

I decided to take one of them and probably walked a mile by the time I had realized I was lost. There was no cell service so I had to find my way back on my own. I wasn't too scared, if anything I just had to find a house, hope they had some service then call Luke or Quinn to help me get home or just stumble upon a hotspot in the middle of the woods. Whatever it was I decided that I would deal with that a bit later and just continued to walk, taking in the view and the fresh air.

I had ended up getting an apartment back in Boston so it was nice to take in the fresh air, and be in no rush. Whether it was to the next city or meeting or appointment it was nice to have nothing to do, if just for a couple of hours because knowing Luke he most definitely has a bunch of ideas and things for us to do today.

It turns out that the path I found myself on led me to a little dam so I took a breather and just admired the water and the scene around me. I stayed for a while, content with the sound of the water going over and the sunny blue sky and the trees that surrounded me and decided to just walk back and hope for the best after checking my google maps and it giving me no help.

I had returned back to the house around 9ish meaning I had been on my 'adventure' for an hour and a half. I walked in to find who had to be Quinn and Lukey's brother Jack and who I think is his friends Z and Cole devouring the cake I baked with Luke yesterday, for my birthday for their breakfast and if I wanted to scream when I woke up this morning I wanted to watch the world burn right now.

Now yes I didn't put a sticker on it that says "Charly's do not eat" but I thought the cake saying "21 years later... happy birthday crazy" would be enough. My birthday had already passed but Lukey wanted to celebrate it with me (I just think he wanted to see me get blackout drunk but I appreciated the thought). But I decided not to make myself seem crazy --even though it was written on my cake that they're eating so I ran up to Lukey's room.

I barged in not caring whether he was dreaming or naked because his brother had royally pissed me off and ripped the sheet of his bed with so much force he fell off. He groggily opened his eyes, looked up at me then asked "What was that for?"

"Your brother and his friend are currently devouring my birthday cake and If you don't want me to set the house on fire I recommend you make them stop."