6.0

Wednesday June 21st, 2023

When I woke I didn't expect to be on the couch down stairs and even less so did I expect to be sleeping with my head in the Prince of Hells lap. I wanna get up, but I don't wanna wake him up. I figure if i'm not here then it never happened and we'll never talk about how I slept like a baby in his lap, the reason for that has to be the comfy couch, right?

I managed to get up without waking Jack as I made my way upstairs only to be met with Trevor and Cole, who over the past two days I've learned are totally gossips. Now I didn't wanna gossip with them before my friends so I just walked past them not caring if they saw me because if they care that much they can ask Jack. When I finally made my way to the room I was staying in upstairs I plugged my phone in as it was dead so then I decided to play around with my guitar.

I've had Gracie (my guitar) since I was in 7th grade and I've been writing songs just as long. For the longest time I had been wanting to write diary entries and my song book became my diary with my songs becoming the entries. I can't just sit down and tell myself to write a song. Sometimes I'll start going without an instrument in sight. One time I was in the middle of a math test so I had to write the lyrics I was thinking of on my scratch paper and I did not end up with the best grade on that particular test.

I had put Gracie in drop D tuning before I left so after making sure she was still in tune I started fiddling around and my finger automatically started playing one of my favorite songs in that tuning, motion sickness. I was halfway through when an idea hit me like a sack of bricks and suddenly I was grabbing my backpack reaching into it to find my current song book and pen.

I touched down
And looked around
Then suddenly was pulled in for an embrace

Boat days
Sun rays
I love the way smiles look on your face

I might like you less now that you know me so well
I might like you less but that's a secret i'll never tell

And as I'm trying to figure out my chord progression for the song that I haven't named nor finished I hear my door creak and stumble to stand again as if they were leaning against the door and listening to me write. And I know I release deeply personal songs but I choose which songs to share. I look over to the creak and see the person I least expect to see, the Prince of Hell himself, Jack Hughes.

"I don't appreciate you invading my privacy. The door was closed for a reason." I told him.

"I was just-" he starts but I quickly cut him off.

"I don't wanna hear your excuses just go." I say but to no one's surprise he doesn't.

"As I was saying before you interrupted me I was walking to the bathroom, y'know the one at the end of this hallway that both of our rooms our on when I heard a guitar and none of my brothers or friends who are here play so I thought it must be you and the way Z and Cole talk make you sound like you must be okay." he responds.
"So what do you think? Am I good?" I don't know why I'm asking. I don't care what he thinks. He's been a dick the whole time I've been here.

"I thought it sounded nice but it's not my usual go to. More of a country guy. Morgan Wallen, Zach Bryan, and Luke Combs are more my thing. Though I like U2 and Big Time Rush. But I uh- yeah- uh- I think its nice, slower than my usual, almost sounds sad but-" he starts trying to grab my book so in turn I smack his hand away. "Hey! What was that for?" He askes as if he didn't just try to read by songbook which is practically my journal.