4.0

Monday June 19th, 2023

    After my oh so incredible introduction with Jack and his friends me and Luke decided to go out to the dock to swim. Before that I had to change into a bathing suit and text my friends back home about Luke's mean older brother. At first they laughed and said he was right until I told them that it was the first time we talked. Now they also hate the guy.

After I came back outside I  grabbed one of the paddle boards and met Lukey who was waiting on the dock. "Why'd you take so long?" He asks.

"I had to change and vent about your asshole of an older brother." I tell him

"I promise he is not usually like that." He assures me.

"I think I'm just gonna steer clear of him for now." I say.

"That's fair, but maybe give him and the others a second chance?" He replies.

"I will if they make me think they deserve one." I tell him.

"Fair." He ends the conversation and Jack Hughes and his friends escape from my brain.

The dock was pretty chill, I was enjoying the water. We had a cannonball contest which I lost but it's not my fault that he is a 6' 2 hockey player while I'm a 5' 8 musician. I then thought that I could beat him in a swim race, also wrong because once again he is a professional athlete, so then I started doing gymnastics.

    I'm not incredible but I can still do my handsprings and a standing back tuck and an aerial which makes people think I'm really good. I was on the paddle board and it was facing away from the dock. I was going into a headstand and I heard a splash into the water which I just assumed was Luke. Right when I had just gotten my legs straightened I suddenly felt the board being pushed and I fell into the water and when I came back up I heard cackling, but it was not the cackling of my best friend, one that came out when he was in Boston with me and I had started doing a british accent and the guy in front of us turned around and told me "you need to work on the accent love." And was british! It was the cackling of who I assume is my new mortal enemy, Jack Hughes.

"Hey, c'mon, don't be upset. It was just a joke." He says through his laughter.

And I do the only thing I can think of and splash him as hard as I can and swim back to the dock to dry off. I head inside and Luke follows me like a scared puppy. All the while I hear Jack yelling to me "Don't be like this, it's just a joke."  

The two of us make it to my room and I slam the door and start ranting. "He is such a dick! We aren't even friends! Yet here is him tossing me off my paddle board with no warning! Like it's fine if you do it because you're my friend but he is just a dick! I hope both sides of his pillow are warm! That his charger only works from one angle! That every sock he puts on will be slightly rotated just enough for it to be uncomfortable! That his sleeves roll down his arms every time he washes his hands! I fucking hate him!"

Luke doesn't say anything for a couple moments, I think he is taking in the fact that if I could burn his brother on a stake right now I probably would and most people he's close with probably don't want to burn his brother on a stake. "Well, uh, I think-- uh-- that that wasn't a very nice thing to do--" I give him a look as if saying keep going but don't dig yourself a bigger hole, "--and he's dumb and you should just ignore him and enjoy being in my company because I'm so great?" he says almost questioningly.