V

No One's POV

A H/C-haired boy woke up from his slumber right before his alarm started to sound. He groggily gets up from his bed and stretches. He rubs his eyes and notices dry tears. 

"Tears? Why was I crying?" He said out loud. He looks over at his desk and sees a note on his desk. He walks over and picks up the desk. 

Thank you, Y/N. 

I love you.

-...

He tried to read the last name, but couldn't make out the name. "Weird, who's this note from?" Deciding not to worry about this weird morning, he gets himself ready for school like any other day. Aside, from the exams, of course, he was feeling much better and energized after his all-nighters studying. Some sleep did him justice as he was more organized than usual today. His backpack was already packed and weirdly enough his desk was also organized with the note. However, he couldn't get the note out of his mind. 

In the train, Sakuta and Kunimi noticed how better he looked. 

"Well, you look better, Y/N." Kunimi first said. 

"He finally slept. He's been pulling all-nighters these past few nights. Also, I found something by the door today." Sakuta said. "Are you involved with a stripper or something?"

Y/N's POV

"Well, last day," I said as I sat down at my desk. I stretch a bit before grabbing my backpack and taking my notebooks out before going over my notes from last night. As I went over them, I noticed different handwriting on some parts that I normally struggled with. Did I study with someone? 

"Alright, class! Last for exams! Do well and good luck as always." Myself and my classmates all put our notes away as our teacher handed out our exams. Modern Japanese and English for today. Let's do it. I look over the questions and find them much easier than before. Sleeping truly helps wonders. I fly through them with zero problems and make my way over to the back. 

An essay. Creative writing about any topic that conveys development throughout the story. I think back at the note that was left on my desk. A forgotten love story maybe? I'm not good with romance, could give me a challenge. I could even use that stripper joke Sakuta made. He said it was a bunny suit...

.

.

.

A regular student meets a wild bunny girl at the library. What was weird was, no one was seeing her, aside from me. The male student approaches the bunny girl, for small talk. Little did they know, they would be seeing each other more and more, and eventually become more. After their small interaction, they became friends. 

He helps a lot. One time, he stopped a random stranger from taking pictures of her and spoke while they made their way home. 

They keep talking and find out she's disappearing from people's eyes. They work together to find solutions. They went grocery shopping, walked on the beach, and spoke to many people. They even went to a different city together. At that time, the young boy knew, he was falling in love. They held hands as they walked. 

They slept in the same bed in each other's arms. He wanted to spend every waking moment with her, even staying up countless nights without sleep. Her name? Three letters only. Mai.

.

.

.

Mai Sakurajima.

"Y/N?" The entire class was silent, but one person was me, sitting at the front of the classroom with my pencil shaking in his hands. My once-dry exam paper had a couple of teardrops that fell from my eyes. 

"M-Mai..." Those were the only words I choked out. I quickly stabbed myself with my pencil and activated Apnoea Rush, not caring a single bit that I revealed my secret. I jumped from my seat and ran out of the classroom at full speed. 

How? How could I forget? The note, the bunny suit, everything, I remember all of it! The girl I fell for disappeared. God damn it, she's going to kill me for this. I need to make it known who she is. That's the only way people are gonna remember. Mai, I'm coming for you. I will make sure that I and everyone else will see you, again. 

I make my way to the fields outside, jumping in between students and dodging oncoming traffic. I arrive at the fence and I climb it at the quickest pace possible. I land on my feet and make my eyes towards the school. I take a second to catch before I start yelling at the top of my lungs. Here goes. 

"LISTEN HERE, EVERYONE," I start. "MY NAME IS Y/N L/N. I ATTEND MINEGAHARA HIGH LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. I WANT TO ANNOUNCE SOMETHING VERY IMPORTANT THAT I HAVE BEEN HOLDING IN. THERE IS A CERTAIN INDIVIDUAL IN THIS SCHOOL, THAT I HAVE FALLEN IN LOVE WITH. HER NAME, IS MAI SAKURAJIMA. MY SENIOR OF CLASS 3-1. EVEN IF IT HASN'T BEEN THAT LONG, I KNOW I LOVE MAI. I LOVE YOU." I keep yelling. Students were slowly appearing at the front of the school. That's what I need. 

I know what to do, next. Since I still had my Apnoea activated, I dragged my feet in the dirt to create a giant heart. The students were all noticing my speed and the steam that was emitting from my body as I ran. I finished the heart and looked at all of the students. "MAI SAKURAJIMA. I LOVE YOU. MAI-SAN, I LOVE YOU. I LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU." 

Silence. 

That was until I heard footsteps behind me. 

"I can hear you. You're being a nuisance." I turn around and see the girl I have fallen in love with. Mai. The night we cuddled came back into my mind from last night. 

"It was the only to get people to know." I rubbed the back of my neck as I awkwardly stood there.

"You idiot," Mai says. 

"At least it worked..." I said, smiling at her. 

"You loveable idiot..." She runs towards me. I was expecting a hug or something, but instead, I received a firm slap to the face. I rub my face. 

"I deserve that."

"Yes, you did. You forgot about me." Mai said, on the verge of tears. 

"I know. I'm sorry, but I did tell you." I said, rubbing my face. I don't blame her for feeling this way. 

"I know. Just come here." Mai holds her arms up. I close the distance between us and hold her tight, finally, deactivating Apnoea Rush. I grew extremely tired in seconds almost falling, but Mai was quick enough to catch me. "Easy now." I only laugh. 

"I know. But, the cat's out of the bag about my ability."

Well, short and sweet. Not too proud of it, but since the next little arc is with another girl, better end it on a good note. See you on the next one.

-Futives