Chapter 4- Prom never goes to plan.

"I can't believe you." The words tumbled out of my mouth like I had been waiting to say them for so long. The betrayal I felt inside was eating away at me as I looked between these two people in the cold snowy night outside of my former school.

"May don't take it personally, it was just sèx." My heart beat sped up as the blood pumped around my body ever so faster, my fists clenched at my sides as I scrunched up the pink veil material of my dress in my hands. She tucked her black hair behind her ear while the other betrayer rubbed at her hands, trying to gain some heat back into her body as it began to hail all around us, the stones hitting my body while the snow stopped raining down and the small hail stones took its place. Thunder followed and the weather reflected my feelings perfectly.

"Just sèx? Just sèx Serina! How fuçking could you!" She flinched at my words and backed up a few inches, the other students were still inside, the music still blaring from up the steps I had ran down so eagerly this afternoon. This school held more than my past, it held the secrets my two best friends kept from me for so long.

"May we didn't think you guys were official, besides every time we did it he said that it didn't mean anything. He really loves you." Sophie uttered, coming towards me with her hands outstretched, her words were slurred and the alcohol was obviously taking affect as she didn't see how my eyes began to change colour, or how my hands began to morph into elongated claws. Serina didn't notice this either and came over to give me a hug. I couldn't help what happened next. Visions of what they had just told me began to flash back and forth in my head like a computer monitor undoing everything that had happened.

Serina and I were dancing in the centre of the jubilee hall with boys from our class dancing with us, jumping up and down and pumping the air with our fists as 'in this moment' began to blare through the speakers with the lyrics to 'sick like me'. We were screaming along, forgetting about how foolish we looked or how gothic we probably seemed to the onlooking girls who would much rather five seconds of summer be playing.

"May! Come the bathroom with me real quick!" She shouted over the music, grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the herd of people that had gathered. She grabbed a red cup of some slimy liquid and chugged it down, smoothing her black dress out and putting her head back laughing at nothing. God I'm so glad I've never had alcohol.

We approached the small cubicles that could barely pass for a bathroom while Serina suddenly found Sophie and began screaming at her inside. I waited outside while they had it out, believing that they were probably arguing over nothing and the vodka had obviously gotten to them. That is until I felt Sophie's large hand engulf mine and pull me into the bathroom with them, locking the door behind me. I casually wondered why Sophie hadn't locked it before hand if she were in here. Unless the plan was to meet her here all along to catch up.

Serina was tugging at her hair, mumbling something to Sophie while pulling me towards her eagerly, desperate to get me away from the tall blonde girl who had tugged me in here. Her brown eyes were large under her red contacts and you could see that the buzz of the night had begun to ware off. The two began screaming at each other and I winced in pain as my sensitive ears picked up the sound. I couldn't make out a word they were saying.

"Tell her." Sophie said,pointing towards me while glaring at Serina, a look of pure rage in her eyes.

"No! Now is not the time Soph, not right now." Serina said. I began to get worried and started clicking my knuckles in anticipation, pulling at my nails and hoping I wasn't going to regret my next words.

"Tell me what?"
Serina huffed and took my hand in hers, taking me through the hall and down the steps to the main car park of the school. I furrowed my brow and stared at my hand, the feeling of fear was deep in my stomach, making me twitch in a dark sort of excitement. Something inside of me wanted to hear this, something inside of me wanted out.