Chapter 7- Bloody showers

Not edited

Wake up
The words echoed in my mind, they weren't really said, more like grunted. I chose to ignore it and curl into a ball, harnessing as much heat as I could.

Wake up

After that I knew I'd heard something, and it was definitely not another person. I sat bolt upright and looked around, I was back in the house. A blanket was thrown over me and I was on the sofa, then it all came flooding back. Last night, what I did to Sophie, the bodies.

I could hear talking in the study and decided to investigate, Lex wouldn't tell me exactly what happened and honestly I didn't want to know until now, but if anyone was going to tell me what I did last night it was him.
I threw the blanket off of me and stood up, feeling a slight pain on the sole of my foot from the glass. The bandage was now fully soaked in blood and I could smell my own dead flesh as the wound had now obviously healed. It was getting dark out now, proving that I had slept through the whole morning and felt no better than I did when I woke up in the woods. I still had no underwear on and was beginning to wonder why Max of Lex hadn't even cared that I was half naked running around London.

Get to the study

There it was again! That voice. What the hell was it? And why was it telling me what to do? It wasn't anything like my own voice but I could tell that it was a woman's. It was monotone and cracked in certain places like a broken record. She sounded ominous and almost tired, maybe I was really going crazy.

Just then I heard the front door open, I looked to see who it was when a black mop of hair entered through the doorway, twigs and brambles were imbedded into the figures torn dress and her knee was currently bleeding all over the carpeted floor. Looks like that's more cleaning for me to do.

She looked up, showing me those big blue contacts she placed over her own small brown orbs, her lips were chapped and dry while her makeup was now smeared all over her face along with her black lipstick that was now somehow on her chin and nose.

"May!" She said as she came bounding towards me, knocking me back onto the couch with her on top of me.

"Serina, what happened to you?" I asked, trying to get some of the twigs untangled from her hair.

She began sobbing into Lex's shirt, sniffing and coughing while she tried to speak.
"It was horrible, this...this..thing just came sprinting towards me and Sophie outside school."

"Wait hold on, who came running at you?"

"Not running; sprinting. And it wasn't a who it was a monster. It was h-huge like a...like a wolf or something-I-I-I tried to-to help Soph but it-it got her and-a-and I" then she stopped and burst out into more tears while I silently tried not to have a mental breakdown.

A wolf had killed Sophie. I had killed Sophie. And I'd tried to kill Serina as well. Question is why? Why did I do all this and what had happened to my wolf? I had a normal wolf when I first shifted. Dark brown with green eyes, just like my hair and eye colour. So what exactly had I transformed into last night.

"Serina, I need you to try and explain what this wolf looked like-"

"It wasn't a damn wolf! It was-it was something else." She stood up and began pacing back and forth, one of her heels was broken and she kept going from one height to another with every step. If I wasn't currently shïtting my pants from possibly killing my best friend I would've laughed.

"It stood on two legs, it's fur was-it was strange. It-it changed colour. It was brown one minute and on four legs and then the next it was on its hind legs with bright red and black fur, all scraggly and-and matted. We didn't know where you were May, we thought it might have already gotten to you and shoved you behind it. We were so scared. Sophie wanted me to just run but I couldn't just leave you there with that thing! Not after what we did to you. I owe you everything May, I'm so sorry for what happened." And then even more tears came, I was starting to think she was half water hydrant.