Chapter 15-New additions

Not edited

People stared at the truck with harsh eyes, seeming to wonder what it was doing here. I bit my lip and wondered the same thing, there only seemed to be sleek expensive cars on the roads and shops decorated the walkway with brands I'd never heard of before.

"What's with all the stores?" Lex asked pointing at the window where a shoe shop had a line of around 60 people waiting to enter.
"It's kinda like a warm up." Max shrugged.
"A warm up to what?" I questioned
"The city" I blinked with my mouth agape, city?
"What you really thought it was gonna be a quiet little mountain town? It's the royals we're talking about. It's busier than New York." Max laughed, beeping his horn at the driver in front.

"So all of that back there, the land, the horses the forest, what was that?" Bran asked from the back in a groggy voice, clutching onto the pendant around his neck tightly, as though it would stop his sickness.
"The countryside, every place has its borders" Max shrugged continuing his driving, slowly might I add.

He honked the horn once more as he started to get annoyed. The guy in front stuck his hand out the window and stuck his middle finger up. I gasped whilst lex chuckled in the back seat.
Max blew out a breathe in anger; "alright that's it" he said in a low voice. The car jolted forward as Max slammed on the brakes. Pulling out his phone and tapping its screen vigorously for a few seconds before putting it to his ear. It only took one ring before whoever it was picked up.

"Hey, we're stuck by the border.......na just traffic I think....some asshole in front of me, think I'm gonna go crazy if I wait anymore....could you? That'd be great...there's a field nearby in sector 212 you could set down there?..alright thanks man, see you soon." Max finished, putting his phone back in his pocket.

"Alright all out." He said opening the car door and walking around to my side, then opening mine, unfastening my seatbelt and carrying me out of the car.

"So, where exactly are we going?" I asked, looking back at Brandon and Lex as they fumbled out of the car and speed walked to catch up to us.

"To a field" he answered ambiguously. I huffed and decided not to question it as he set me down in the middle of a field behind the overloaded shops.
"Are we gonna get a helicopter, oh oh or a private jet!? Oh my gosh...is it a helicopter and a private jet!?" Brandon squealed, heading back to the truck to get his bags.

"No need for that kid, we're just sending May off."
"Just me?" I asked, bouncing on my feet with nervousness.
"Well I'll go with you if you'd like?" Lex offered. I shook my head, I could get a helicopter by myself, besides there'd be a pilot and stuff, I could just talk to him a distract myself from my terrible, terrible, most horrible fear of heights. I started to breath heavily. Cmon May just breath, it's gonna be a nice safe helicopter, with seats and seatbelts and harnesses and helmets, nice and safe, no falling and dying.

Just as I thought that I heard a loud roar from above me and an earth shaking 'BANG' as something hit the ground behind me. I closed my eyes waiting for an explosion or something but it never came.

"No fucking way, May you have GOT to see this shit" Bran said, turning me around. I opened my eyes and was completely shocked at what I saw. In front of me was the largest, most outstanding creature I had ever seen, with horns reaching up to the sky and glowing blue eyes that seemed to dazzle as they looked directly at me, golden scales, each a slightly different variation of colour made up its skin and tail, stretching out and taking up all the space of the field.

On lookers with bags of shopping and clothes waved towards the creature, gathering around and shouting things towards it.

"Hi Draco!"
"DRACO!"
"Where have you been Draco?"
The shouting then started to clash as Max's arms wrapped around my waist and started to hoist me up above his head as the creature bowed down its skull and horns to let me aboard it's body.  Something clicked within me and I started to struggle.