Chapter 9- Early presents

Not edited

"Please be careful with that-oh no that's going on the plane with me, here I'll take that" I said for the millionth time as the movers began placing the boxes that contained my life in a large van that was headed for the airport.

"May, you really need to calm down" Max chuckled, sitting in the kitchen with an apple in his hands, biting away carelessly.

I rolled my eyes and strolled up to him, jumping onto the counter that was now uneasily bare.

"I'll calm down when I see every last box of mine in Miami." He shook his head and bumped me with his shoulders, earning a puff of air from me as I sighed.

"I'm sorry, I know I'm being bïtchy. I just hate moving." He nodded and jumped off of the counter next to me, coming in-between my legs.

"I know you do care bear. But just think, you'll be with Gabe and your parents soon. You'll finally get to see the castle and meet the werewolf world in full." I gulped nervously and jumped off the counter myself, bumping Max's chest as I did. This was what I was worried about, this was all just too much and I didn't want to go through with it. Especially not with all these weird things happening with me.

I heard a loud whistle from outside, the movers had left the door open and we're still going back and forth from my room and the van. Everything was pretty much gone besides the essentials, the living room still held the sofa and the love seat with the large white fur carpet. The TV still sat proudly on the wall and even some of the family pictures still resides on the mantelpiece. All that was taken was the personal items and things that we had all bought for ourselves over the years, it was to my knowledge that this house would still be used as a safe haven for other wolves in need of safety. Because it was my mothers house all of the books were to be left, much to my dismay. I even had to leave my childhood toys and bed, simply because they were not needed. The nostalgic part of me cried inside.

I walked outside to see Lex whistling still, he was staring at the door waiting for me to exit. When I did I subconsciously cursed myself for wearing shorts and a crop top today. Sure it was hot but I inwardly cringed when his eyes glued to my bare midsection and thighs.

He coughed and shook his head from side to side, seeming to snap himself from his own thoughts.

"That everything now princess?" He asked, rubbing the back of his neck while looking at the ground.

I looked back to the house to see the last mover leaving with a large cardboard box labelled 'makeup and nail-varnish' I nodded slowly, tossing back my hair and tying it in a knot on top of my head. The small droplets of sweat rolled down from the back of my scalp, twirling around my neck until they came spiralling down to my shirt and straight down.

"Sorry, I'm absolutely roasting out here. I think that's the last box but I'll just run in and check." Lex gulped hard and nodded quickly, turning around to the van and pulling out his phone from his beige shorts.

I hastily ran back inside and took the stairs two at a time to get to my room. I came to a stop when I noticed that the sign Sophie and I had painted when I first moved here was still hanging causally on the door.

'Mays' room, all who enter beware"
Then another sign was stuck underneath when we were 14 and Serina, Sophie and I started getting crushes.

'Unless you're hot, then come right in'
I gave out a slight giggle and sighed softly. The sadness started to settle in again but I rid my mind of those thoughts. I swore to myself last night when I couldn't sleep that I would leave what I had done in London and would never be so broken again. I would remember what I did but I wouldn't let it haunt me like my mind wanted it to.