Chptr 2 : the morning after

A/N
i wasn't gonna post another chapter today but i think it goes with the other one like a pt 2 so

——————
emily's pov :

My eyes flutter open, at first i'm confused about where i am then i recognise lucy's living room and then slowly i remember how i fell asleep last night, i turn to look at where phoebe was but she's not there. I hear talking from the kitchen and get up "fuckk" i mumble to myself, my legs and neck really hurt, i guess that's what i get for sleeping upright on the couch.

"Good morning Em" lucy says turning away from her conversation with phoebe, they are sitting at the kitchen counter. "Oh- uh hi good morning" i say. "morning" phoebe says with a gentle smile pulling at her lips. We both stare at each other for a moment before lucy glances to the two of us and breaks the awkward silence "Anyway, I was gonna make some breakfast if anyone would like some?" "That sounds great lucy" phoebe says. "Yea- sounds good luce, can i help?" i say. "Sure!" lucy says with a smile. We quickly decide on pancakes and get to work. Once we are done i serve them up, handing a plate to phoebe and one to lucy. We sit on stools at the kitchen counter, mostly silent except for some occasional small talk. "Wow those were good" phoebe says once we are done. She gently places a hand on my lower thigh "You're a really good cook Emily" she says smiling. "Th-thanks" i say extremely flustered by the touch on my leg. I look down i hopes of hiding my blushing but realise my mistake as i'm now staring directly at her hand. I swiftly stand up. "I'm gonna go have a shower." I say quite louder than intended. "Ok.... no need to shout Em." Lucy says. "yea- uh sorry." I quickly walk to the bathroom. Once i'm done with my shower i go into lucy's closet to grab a shirt and some pants to borrow. I grab an old baggy shirt and some random shorts i had left here at some point.

When i walk back into the kitchen, phoebe is gone. Lucy notices my confusion and says "Oh, she had to go, had something to do." "Oh, ok. Sorry i couldn't say goodbye." i say trying to hide the my disappointment. "It's ok." I sit next to lucy at the kitchen counter and we chat about random things for a while. Eventually Lucy decides she needs groceries so we get ready and head to the grocery store.

A/N
how bad can you tell that i didn't know how to finish this chapter 😭
anyways, hope you're liking it, pls comment and stuff!! I think i'll add a bit more spice to the next chapter, no promises tho ;)