Chptr 3 : stolen glances

—————-
phoebe's pov:

Today I'm meeting Lucy, Julien and Emily at a park near lucy's apartment for a picnic. I can't decide what to wear. I'm tempted to dress up a bit more because Emily will be there, i quickly brush that thought away and just choose a casual outfit. Once i'm ready, I grab my bag and the fruit i had bought for the picnic, heading out the door, locking it behind me and heading to the park. Once i arrive, i park and grab my stuff out of the car. Lucy and Julien have laid out 2 picnic blankets and some food, I wonder where Emily is. "Hey boys." I say, smiling as i get closer. "Hi!!" Lucy says smiling and giving me a side hug. "Hey phoebe." Julien says. I look around for emily, maybe she's getting something from the car? "Oh Emily will be here soon, she's running a little late." Lucy says clearly noticing me looking for her.

Once Emily arrived we all sat down on the blankets, Emily and i sat next to each other facing Julien and Lucy. We had the food set out infront of us, i went to grab a cup to pour some water into but emily went for it at the same time, our hands touching. I froze for a moment looking at our hands then back up to emily. She smiled softly at me and I'm afraid to admit, i melted. Her smile is so sweet and comfortable. We stare at eachother until Julien clears her throat, i whip my head back to look at them, trying to act like nothing happened. "Anyways... uh.. dig in!" I say gesturing to the food. We eat and have casual conversation for a while before we decide to walk around a little, Julien climbs a tree (as usual) and Emily, Lucy and I watch, all concerned. "Julien, get down!" Lucy says in her motherly voice. I giggle slightly sneaking a glance at Emily who was watching, she quickly looks away as do I.

We fuck around for a few hours then sit back down, the sun is slowly setting now. The rays of golden sun beam through her beautiful hair, casting soft shadows on her face, i stare for a few moments wishing i could take it all in, i realise it's probably obvious i'm staring and i quickly look away, down to my lap. Why am i even thinking like this? I hardly even know her.

emily's pov :

I've been stealing glances at phoebe all day, it seems like she's looking too sometimes but i think that's just hopeful thinking. We all talk for a little while longer before we decide we should head home. We say our goodbyes for a few minutes then we go our separate ways. I notice Julien and Lucy talk for a moment before Lucy laughs and walks over to me. "Hi..?" i say, confusion evident in my voice. "Yo, we are gonna have a movie night tomorrow, do you wanna come?" she says. "Oh, yea that sounds good! I'll see you then?" i reply. She smiles and nods, we say goodbye again then she walks off. I drive home and spend the rest of the day working on a new art project. I go to sleep surprisingly early. My last thought as i drift off is the girl with the silver hair.

A/N
sorry this took so long!!
also sorry that it's just a filler but next chapter is longer so! Pls let me know what you think of it :)
Hope everyone is doing well!! <3