Daves Traumas.

(continuation of the past story)
(credit for all these parts goes to @/metalheadgwenstacy on tiktok)

"She likes me more than she likes you," Mario teased. Dave chuckled and rolled his eyes. Dave smiled as he watched his husband, the love of his life, place their baby daughter into her crib. He felt nothing but gratitude for their happy family.
---------
**TWO YEARS LATER.**
Tears. Thick wet tears fell down Dave's cheeks. The baby was awake by now and was now crying as well. Mario and Dave's daily quarrel had began. It was a bad fight.
"I'm fucking leaving. I'm sick of your shit!" Dave spat. He sharply inhaled as he wiped his tears. Mario was taken aback by his statement.
"Baby?.. No. Please. I need you. I need us." Mario's vision got foggy as tears formed in his eyes. Dave turned away and guided baby Rose to move with him.
"It's okay honey, I'm sorry.." He shushed her as she sobbed. Dave bent down and hugged her. Dave opened the front door and began walking down the driveway. Suddenly, a car pulled up to the house. Dave looked over, still patting Rosie on the back trying to calm her down and shushing her. A man then got out of the car.
There stood the handsome man who had once stolen his heart years ago.
"Dave.." Vic said breathless. Mario began to walk out the door to follow Dave and Rose, but stopped when he saw Vic.
"You dick!" Mario exclaimed loudly as he walked towards Vic with fury in his eyes. A nearby neighbor who was watering his plants perked up.
"Woah, hey hey!" Vic backed up as Mario approached him. Mario shoved him onto the ground.
"I don't want to ever see you close to me or my family ever again. Dave never loved you. And nobody ever will." Mario uttered. He meant it. He didn't take his eyes off Vic's face. Something inside Vic snapped. Vic shoved Mario off him and punched him in the face. Mario groaned at the pain and looked back up at him with fury in his eyes.
"You're weak!" Mario shouted. Mario punched Vic square in the nose, knocking him off his feet. "Mario don't!" Dave shouted, covering his mouth. A neighbor nearby ran over and pulled Mario back from doing serious harm. Vic laid on the grass, his face bleeding from impact and hid face began to turn discolored from bruises. Mario had a bruise on his cheek.
"Jesus Christ." The neighbor exlaimed as Mario still continued to attempt to land a hit on Vic. Dave ran over, and saw the neighbor's face when he looked at Dave...

"Sorry about them. Would you like me to call 911?" The neighbor asked. "Yeah.. they're out of hand." Dave replied. "Who are you?" He asked.
"Willem. Willem Dafoe." He smiled.
"Oh, wow." Dave was in love.
"What about you? Is your name as beautiful as your face?" Willem teased. Dave's face was bright red.
"I'm Dave Grohl. This is baby Rosemary." Rosie began to calm as the tension went down and was babbling.
"What a cutie." Willem giggled.

The police then arrived later on and Vic and Mario were arrested.

"So, I guess that's that, huh?" Dave said, looking at Willem as he walked up to him holding Rosie's hand.
"Yep." Willem was starstruck by Dave's beauty. "So, since you're single and all now, do you perhaps want to try something new with me?" Willem said shyly. Dave was wide eyed. "Yes!" He smiled.

Dave and Willem raised baby Rosie together. They were a very happy family and got married a couple years after. Maybe that's not the end of Dave's story however. But it is for Willem...

Life for the Dafoe-Grohl's was going smooth until one fateful day. Willem was at work when he fell into a sudden deadly coughing fit. He shrugged it off as nothing until he felt the world spin and collapse on the floor. Willem awoke in an ambulance.
"Quite a fall you had, huh?" The nurse said as Willem awoke.
"Ah, no biggie. It's fine." He chuckled. Ths nurse eyed him. "Are you able to come in for a PET-CT scan tomorrow as soon as you're able to?" The nurse asked, looking at his breathing patterns.
"Uhm.. okay." Willem said, confused.

A couple days later, test results came back.
"Lung cancer. Terminal." Willem repeated from the doctor. Dave covered his mouth and began to tear up at the news. "Aren't there any options for us? Like, chemotherapy?" Dave asked, his voice shaking. The doctor looked sympathetic. "I doubt there's many options. It's late stage. I'm sorry."

Willem's funeral wasn't like anything Dave had ever experienced. It was the most gut wrenching pain he had ever experienced. Dave dropped to his knees. *"No, no.."* He sobbed. Cried until he couldn't. Cried until he felt shriveled up like a sponge. His hands shook. He didn't say a word. There were no words to say. There was nothing to explain the pain he felt. Just, *hurt*. That was the best way to put it. Dave felt as if his heart would burst. Too soon. Not now. Why now? Why did this happen? There were no answers.