Daves Traumas Pt.3

After visiting Rosie, Walt leaves. Dave followed.
"Where are you going? That's my daughter in there!" Dave asked.
"I have to go." Walter avoided eye contact.
"Where? Come on. Don't lie." Dave was serious.
Walt went quiet for a moment. There was a moment of silence between the two.
"Okay." Walter finally said.
"You can't keep doing this to me," Dave says, looking down. "You keep doing this." He looks back up at Walter.
"I-"
"Let me speak. It's my turn to talk. You have something to do with this." He tears up. "I know it. I know you too well. What did you do to my daughter?" Dave asked. He sighed, knowing Walt wouldn't answer. He knew. He guessed right. Walter couldn't even look at him.
"Goodbye, Dave." Walter turned away. Dave stood there, collecting everything. His eyes were red from crying. He didn't know what to say anymore.
"Wow. What a dick." A man says from across the room. Dave sighs and began to cry again, walking back into his daughter's room.
"Honey, it's gonna be okay. Daddy's here." Dave could barely speak he was so choked up.
"Please. Please, baby." He cried.
There was no response.

A man approached Dave in the hospital reception. "So uh, heard about that fight with your boyfriend. It was bad from what I heard." Dave looked at the floor. He hummed in response. He looked exhausted. His eyes were red and his face was puffy from crying.
"I'm sorry about that. It's tough not being able to know if you can trust everyone. I'm Jesse, by the way." He tilted his head to look at Dave and smiled.
"Dave." He said blankly. Not the response Jesse expected, but he didn't mind.

"So, uh. I know it can be hard to go through this alone so, I'll be here for you." Dave looked up finally. He looked absolutely exhausted.
"Yeesh, you doing okay?" Jesse frowned with sympathy in his eyes. He cared, but was struggling with words to show it. So, he used his actions. Jesse wrapped his arms around Dave, hugging him tightly. Dave sighed as he hugged him back and cried softly into his shoulder.
"There you go. It's okay." Jesse patted Dave's back, attempting to comfort him. Even though they were practically strangers, Dave needed this. Badly.

Dave pulled away finally and wiped his tears.
"You need to talk about anything?" Jesse asked. Dave shook his head.
"Thank you, though." Dave said, sniffling.

*A couple days later..*
"Rosie is gonna be okay." A nurse says.

Jesse and Dave then got to know each other more. Jesse was like Rosie's dad after she was out of the hospital. Everything was going great for them. Dave got a therapist, and life had been seemingly getting better.

One day, Jesse went on a work related trip. He said just a couple hours, a day at most.
Dave waited.
And waited.
Waited for his boyfriend to return.
Dave called him. And called. But there was no response. Dave began to grow worried for Jesse. Where could he have gone?

Jesse was kidnapped and imprisoned. Despite being out of the drug business, his past was back to bite him. Walter had put a hit on Jesse. Jesse was continuously tortured. Felt pain he had never felt before.

Dave finally filed a missing report and a search party went out for Jesse. Rosie was around 10. She kept asking, "Where's Papa? Where's Papa? When is Papa coming home?" And Dave just sighed as she looked up at him with her big brown eyes.

Jesse was declared dead. He was no where to be found. Dave didn't even know what to do anymore. He felt so upset that it happened again. Everytime he gets close to someone, something happens.

Jesse spent everyday missing his family. His wonderful husband, Dave, and his beautiful daughter, Rosie. Everyday the torture went on and on. They were the only way he could sleep at night. Every part of his body would ache from pain as he laid down to sleep on that cheap mattress. He cried. He cried at night. He just wanted it to end. He wanted to see Dave and Rosie again. Jesse couldn't stop shaking. No matter what. His hands would tremble as he was fed, and he would be shaking as he laid down to sleep.

Dave cried until he couldn't anymore. He cried for Willem and he cried for Jesse. He just hoped they were both at peace. Willem was. *Jesse was not.* Little does Dave know, Jesse is somewhere in a hole in thd grouns, sobbing. Thinking about the people he loves.

One day, Walter helps Jesse escape. Walter dies in the process. He lays on the floor as the sound of the police sirens got closer and closer. He was a goner. Jesse was able to escape. He was almost unrecognizable. Head to toe in scars and looking like a mess. He drove off out of the vicinity of the building. Jesse felt a deep kind of feeling he had never experienced before. He sobbed as he drove off. He drove. He was free. He had no sense of time so he didn't know how long it had been. He drove until he made it home. He stood on the front porch, sobbing. He couldn't contain himself. His hand trembled as he knocked on the door...