Daves Traumas Pt.2

Dave spent the next few days laying in bed. Not eating, not moving. Just sitting. He cried until he physically couldn't anymore. It was exhausting. He couldn't muster up the courage to do anything. He just laid in bed, staring at the pictures across the wall of him and Willem. His love. His guardian angel from heaven, who he loved more than anyone or anything.
One day, he was tired of this life style. Little steps. Dave sat up and dried his eyes. He decided to go out, despite everything. It just felt right.
Dave sat in a booth at a familiar restaurant. Where he and Willem had their first date. Dave ordered his food and stared at the table.
"Sir? Is it okay if I sit here?"

Dave blushed at the sight of this man.
"I don't mind." He said. The man sat next to him in the booth. "I noticed you were upset. Your husband passed, right?" The man looked at him with sympathy in his eyes. Dave hummed in response.
"I can't." Dave said. "Can't? Can't what?"
The man put a hand on Dave's shoulder, but he shoved him off.
"I can't! I fucking can't! I can't love again. I have been hurt over and over again and I'm not letting another person into my fucking life again!" Dave shouted. A couple people around the room perked up at his scene. The man sighed.
"Walter." He said. "What?" Dave said, his expression softening.
"Walter White. That's my name. We don't have to date yet. We can take it slow, huh? You can trust me." Walter put a hand on Dave's shoulder, and Dave felt butterflies in his stomach. "Okay." He reluctantly said.  "But I'm not paying for dinner!" He said, chuckling a little. Walter laughed. "Really now? Fine."

they had a real good evening together

After a couple months of going steady, Dave realized a couple things about Walter. He was keeping secrets. Dave discovered Walter had two cell phones. But there was something bigger going on. What he did when he wasn't home and the countless excuses. Dave sat Walter down.
"Tell me. Tell me what's going on." Dave looked into Walter's eyes.
"What? There's nothing going on." He laughed. Dave didn't smile. He was serious. "What is this? Where did you get it?" Dave held up a baggie that had blue crystal meth inside of it. Walter felt the color leak from his face.
"How did.. how did you even. I don't know what that is, Dave. And I don't know why you have it." Dave sighed.
"Come on! You said I could trust you, Walter." Dave shouted. "Really? Or what? Was that another lie, huh? You're just full of lies, aren't you. I don't even know who you are anymore." Dave spat. He began to cry.
"Honey." Walt said as he placed a hand on his shoulder, trying to calm him down. The same way he did it on their first date. Dave shoved him off.
"No. Get the fuck out of my house."
"Please, you need to give me another chance-"
"No. I am so sick of giving second chances. Don't even fucking think of coming here ever again."
"Please. I love you." Walter's eyes filled with tears.
"I don't know anymore. I don't know who you are." Dave turned away. "You're out of here by tomorrow."
"Please, baby. I love you. But, there's a couple things you are probably going to learn about me."
"I've heard enough! Just.. get out already. This is hard enough for me." Dave covered his face with his hands.

*4 MISSED MESSAGES.*
Walter opened his phone to see the voicemails from Dave pop up.
"Walt, please pick up. this is important." Walter heard Dave's voice echo. He was clearly panicked. He knew why.
"Walt. Please. I need you right now. This is so important." Another message.
"Please, Walt. Please just pick up. This is fucking important. Pick up now." He could hear Dave was out of breath in between every sentence and his voice broke.
"Please. Please just fucking pick up." Dave was almost shouting. He was a wreck. It was clear.
*RING RING!*
W: "Dave? Hello?"
D: "Walt! Oh, my god."
W: "What? What's happened?"
D: "Please. Just meet me at the hospital right now."
W: "Okay. I'm coming. Wait for me, hun."
The call ended. Walter stared at his phone for a minute. Silent. He took a deep breath and started his car.
Walter rushed into the hospital and Dave hugged him. Dave was clearly panicking.
"What? What's going on?" Walter asked. "It's Rosie. She's fallen sick all of a sudden. It's bad." Dave looked like he might faint from fear. The two of them walked into the hospital room. She was hooked up to multiple machines  Dave noticed a man in the room he hadn't recognized. They made eye contact.