consistency (f)

i found this old draft from the summer, so if the writing is poor that's why! i didn't want to originally post it because i didn't like it, but people on wattpad don't care 😭

go check out my book called "sweet nothings" !! i update it more then than one!

Skeppy POV

I swiped up on my phone. I was laying down looking through Instagram. Nothing out of the sort. I did this when I was bored out of my mind, which, I usually am.

I heard a notification, which is weird. All of my notifications are muted due to all the stuff I get tagged in daily.

But there's a select amount of people who I have notifications on for.

Those people being my family, obviously, and a few of my friends. People like A6D and Bad.

The notification was a message from Bad. I look up at it, not surprised. I click it automatically.

bad : Skeppyyy
bad : Do u want to record with me?

I don't want to record. Lately, I've not really felt motivated to make a video. Unless it's a good video idea. Which, to be fair, is rare.

But I like recording with Bad. I'll give him a chance and record with him. Plus, my videos always do better when Bad's in them.

People do like seeing Bad.

People like seeing Bad and I.

People like seeing us play together.

People like seeing us together.

I could never tell Bad this but I feel like we balance each other out perfectly.

That's why we're best friends.

I decide to text Bad back and ask him what the video idea would be. I wait for his response.

skeppy : hi bad
skeppy : lol sure
skeppy : when

I like when everything is usual. I need consistency. That's something that I've always appreciated. Although I consider myself a pretty spontaneous person, I also really do need that consistency.

That's why YouTube works for me, I guess.

Record, upload, record, upload, easy.

Consistent. What I crave. Consistency.

bad : We can do bedwars

I don't read Bad's response fully, but the parts I skim over are bedwars.

I text him back, fast.

skeppy : kk

He likes the message, signifying that sounds good. I feel a pang of excitement. I really did enjoy recording with my friend.

I decide to sleep before our recording. I assume he was just going to call me when he had the time to record. We never really planned stuff out.

So much about consistency.

But with him, consistency didn't matter.

We could make plans at any time to record and I'd be okay with it.

Everything goes away when I'm with him, the type of feeling where you are so focused that nothing else crosses your mind.

He would only be crossing my mind.

And I'm okay with that.

Thoughts of him were consistent.

But how can someone be so consistent in your head, when in reality they aren't?

That didn't matter to me.

Nothing had to matter. Except him.

I hear my phone ring. I groan and pick it up, annoyed that I was being awoke from my deep slumber.

"Hello?" My voice cracks. I cringe at the sound.

"Skeppy!" I hear back. The recording!

"Hi, Bad. I just woke up." I close my eyes and talk.

"Do you want to record that video I was talking about? We could play bedwars, whatever you want to do." Bad says in a cheery tone.

"Yeah, hop on Hypixel and we can do a bedwars challenge or something." I felt the sun flooding in through the curtains.

"Okay!! Call me on Teamspeak." Bad says.
"No you call me!" I say back.
"Ugh" and Bad hangs up.

I get up from my bed and trudge over to my PC. I felt a wave of energy. Recording with Bad always made me feel energetic.

Bad in general gave me consistent energy.

I open Minecraft & Teamspeak. I join Hypixel and invite Bad to my party. Bad joins my call while I'm in the middle of opening OBS to start recording.

"Hi Skeppy!!" Bad says. Although I would never admit it to anyone, I had a thought that his voice sounds like the sun, and since then I've always believed it.

Bad has always felt like the sun to me.

People talk about sun and moon friendships, but for us I feel like Bad's the sun and I'm Earth revolving around him.

I'd do anything to protect him. To be there for him.

Anything, for him.

You'd do anything for your best friend, right?

We were just close. I appreciated our friendship, and he meant a lot to me.

"Skeppy? Are you there?" I suddenly heard his voice. I was guessing that I spaced out. I'd been starting to do that lately. Consistently, you could say, while thinking about Bad.

"Oh yeah, sorry. I'm here. First to 3?" I start recording.

"That sounds good!" He responds.

"Yo what's going on guys! Today me and Bad are doing bedwars, first to 3!" I exclaimed, in my usual singsongy voice. Bad starts talking.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in. We spawned into the game and I stood collecting iron and gold.

"-win! Skeppy are you even listening? Hello?" I hear Bad say.

"Mhm. Yeah. What Bad?" I stumble out, I want him to think I was listening the whole time.

"I said I'm going to crush you and win! You're going down!" Bad says.

I start to bridge over to mid after buying wool. All I can think about is Bad. The only thing running through my mind is him.

He is what matters.

thanks 4 reading !!
word count : 956
published 2/1/24