pillow talk (f)

You keep his shirt, he keeps his word
And for once, you let go
Of your fears and your ghosts

BadBoyHalo's POV

Skeppy's head is in my lap, and I'm reaching over to play with his hair. He's watching something on his phone, and I can feel the warmth from his back on my chest.

I can feel him shift as he scrolls mindlessly. Skeppy tilts his head and I tap his head twice. He turns his head around, dark brown eyes connecting with mine.

"What?" Skeppy asks softly, and I can't help but laugh a little. The way he drops everything to talk to me—to look at me.

His face softens as I laugh. He smiles, and I can't look away. Skeppy shakes his head and I bend my head down, moving closer. His features are more defined now, jawline sharp, face tinted slightly tinted red, aftershave lingering.

We're just barely inches away from each other, and I change my facial expression. My eyebrows raise and he looks at me confusingly.

Skeppy smiles again, and presses our lips together softly. It's a quick kiss—sweet, sincere, gentle. The feeling lasts longer than his lips, though, as he pulls away.

His olive skin matches with mine so well, we look so good together. He's the only person I've dated, and the only person I plan to date.

Moments with him felt like this, sweet. Everything bad falls away, as if they don't exist. He treats me so well, and everything about him is really, really amazing.

I'm happy with him. I'm happy with the way he treats me, the way he looks at me adoringly.

"Skeppyyy," I say, dragging out the "y" as long as I can. I can practically feel him smiling below me.

"Whatttt?" He giggles and gets up, moving his head out of my lap so that we're sitting next to each other on his bed.

"Hi." I look into his eyes. My chest is filled with a blanket of warmth, a feeling I only get when I'm with him.

"Hi, Bad," He smiles and lays his head on my shoulder. Skeppy sets his soft palm in mine and squeezes my hand twice, a silent praise.

I squeeze his hand back. It feels so nice to be treated well, to be wanted, to be desired. Skeppy has always treated me so well, and the feelings I have for him is deeper than words can express. The light coming from the lamp on the side table reflects the chain on his neck.

"Look up," He says. I tilt my head up, and our shoulders brush. My face reddens at his gaze, the gaze that lovingly traces every inch, detail, moment, and memory of my face.

I'd never seen Skeppy like this before. He brings his hand up to my face, warm. Gold sparks accentuate  Skeppy's features, and he smiles at me.

He leans in, breath hot and steady near my cheeks. Skeppy doesn't take any more time before he softly presses his lips against mine. He tastes like the watermelon flavored gum he always chews. Sweet.

Nothing else matters to me except for Skeppy. I tangle my arms around him and he ends the kiss.

"Why'd you stop?" I ask.
He puts his arms around me. "Bad," he says.

"Are you okay? Did something happen? What's wrong?" I suddenly panic, blood rushing through my body. I feel as if I've missed something.

"No, no, no, but, Bad," he says again, my name sweet on his tongue.

"Mhm?" I ask.

Skeppy pauses, almost as if he's questioning what he's about to say. My heart beats at a faster pace now, what could possibly be wrong?

"I'm in love with you."

I can hear it in the silence. I feel it deep inside my soul. Vines of want, need, and lurking intimacy twist together, a gentle feeling of unrequited innocence and remembrance that this is what is supposed to happen. Free-flowing energy invites a chakra in my heart. Skeppy's sunny disposition takes reign on me.

I notice I didn't say anything back, and I look at him in the eyes.

"I love you." I say. I mean it more than anything I've ever said.

He kisses me again, this time with love.

thank you for reading!! any oneshot ideas? lmk
published 3/3/24
word count : 729