CHAPTER 23

⚠️ Heavy Angst - Sad backstory time

⚠️ ⚠️Sensitive topic ⚠️⚠️

(For this chapter to make sense, I just want to tell you that the characters are infact 18 years old, yes, yes, I have aged them up...so please just stick to it)

Mash sat cross-legged on the hospital corridor floor, his friends gathered around him, waiting anxiously. 

"I shouldn't really be the one telling you this, because it's Y/n's story, but I trust you all to know what's going on with her," He began. He took a deep breath, the weight of his words lingering in the air. 

"I was around 4-5 years old when I first met Y/n. She was left on our doorstep, heavily injured," Mash revealed, his voice wobbling slightly. Lemon's eyes widened, a gasp escaping her lips. Lance leaned forward, his brows furrowed in concern. Finn's jaw tightened, a mix of anger and sadness in his eyes. 

'' Regro-San knew what was going on with her and why she was covered in bruises. She had a collar around her neck and was very frail," Mash continued, his voice quivering with emotion.

Silence hung heavy in the air as his friends absorbed the gravity of his words. 

"She was so scared when she was found by us...but anyway...ever since that day, we took her in and looked after her. I only found out later what that collar around her neck meant..." He trailed off. 

 An audible gasp escaped Lemon's lips, her hand flying to her mouth in shock. Mash nodded solemnly.

"She was a slave to some rich family...she did everything for them...from cleaning up the house...to making food for them, but she was never appreciated...they hurt her a lot." The weight of his words hung in the air, sinking into the hearts of his friends. 

''She told me that she was treated horribly by her owners...I think she was around 12 or something when she sort of broke down to me...how they would treat her like a piece of trash, how she was severely dehydrated when she was left on our doorstep, how they would lock her in a dark room for hours if chores weren't done on time, how they would hit her or yell at her even if she were sick, how she was never properly fed, how she was...handled...''

''She had also mentioned that she once fell off from the roof of the house because the family said she wasn't doing something that they had asked her to do up there. Her injuries had caused her to stay in bed for days...and they never cared to check up on her until she rose from bed to do her duties again...'' 

''It disgusts me how, those who called her their property, never took seriously of the fact that she is a human being...'' 

''I remember when I asked her why she never fought back or why she never tried to get help...but she said she was scared...and if she ever acted out of turn...things would never be okay'' Mash stopped talking and lowered his head as anger and pain started to build up