iii.

three !*ೃ✧˚

three !
*ೃ✧˚. ❃ ˊ-

CORIOLANUS STRUTTED INTO the Academy room unbothered. Caroline had become aware of his idiotic decision to follow Lucy Gray into the Capitol Zoo.

Taking his place in the designated seat beside her, he garnered the attention of the entire class, who regarded him with curious gazes, as if he were oblivious to the events of yesterday.

"Your little excursion was in violation of about five different Academy rules, Mr. Snow. Chief amongst them, endangering a Capitol student." Dean Highbottom announced from his designated area in the classroom.

"What? Who?" Coriolanus questioned.

"You. I'm moving for the Gamemakers to disqualify you as mentor immediately." He informed.

Coriolanus rose from his seat, a visible expression of discontent etched across his face. Caroline observed as he challenged the Dean's decision.

"You said we had to get our tributes to perform, not that we had to stay away." Coriolanus challenged.

"I'll add insubordination as well." Casca Highbottom noted.

Arachne spoke up from her seat in the row below them, "Holding her hand, Coryo, introducing her to people, you make it look as if we're one and the same as those animals."

Since when could Arachne call him Coryo?

"We're all people, Arachne," Caroline told the entitled girl. Arachne only rolled her eyes in response.

"Coriolanus didn't show those people anything they didn't already know." Sejanus defended.

"I don't need your help, Sejanus," Coriolanus whispered, loud enough for Caroline to hear and react by furrowing her eyebrows.

"That the tributes are human beings. Just like us. That's why nobody wants to watch the Games. It's because people know deep down that winning a war doesn't justify starving people's children, taking away their freedoms, their rights." He continued.

A voice came from the top of the room, startling the curly-haired girl.

"Snow fell down in the cage. It fell down in the cage but it landed..."

Coriolanus swallowed down his frustration, "On stage."

"You're good at Games. Maybe one day, you'll be a Gamemaker like me." Dr. Gaul says.

"If the Games continue at all," Highbottom commented lowly.

"Oh, they'll continue. With performances like young Mr. Snow's in that zoo. And I came here to ask your star mentor a question. What are the Hunger Games for?"

"They're to punish the districts for their uprising, to commemorate the end of the war," Coriolanus answered.

"Commemorate the.. Dull, dull, dull. Punishment can take myriad forms. Why not drop bombs, cancel food shipments, and stage executions? Why Games?" Dr. Gaul asked.