v.

five !
*ೃ✧˚. ❃ ˊ-

CAROLINE LISTENED TO Dean Highbottom's instructions carefully. She did not want to accidentally break any rules that would ruin her chances of winning the Plinth Prize.

Her frustration last night led her to make an agreement with herself: Focus on the Plinth Prize and the Plinth Prize only. No distractions.

"In spite of yesterday's tragic events, our president has decided that the Games must go on to show everyone the Capitol is unafraid of such acts of terror. To which end, Dr. Gaul wishes you to preview the arena this afternoon with your tributes. Later this evening, there will be a special televised presentation of each tribute to our audience to, you know, get to know them. You will have an hour to discuss strategy."

Caroline turned to Jessup, who was sitting quietly in front of her. She delicately grasped his jawline to turn his head for her to see his wound.

"It's getting infected." She noted.

Jessup shook his head out of her hold, "I'm fine."

"You aren't fine," she scoffed.

As he began to voice his thoughts, a sudden cough seized control of his throat. In response, Caroline swiftly reached into her bag, retrieving the pre-packed antibiotic ointment she had brought along from home.

"You need this. Here." Caroline handed him the package.

"Thanks." He murmured, eyes cast downwards.

The girl felt a pang of sympathy for the boy, nonetheless, it was a distraction. "We need to discuss strategy."

Jessup began putting the ointment on, "How long will this work?"

"Just a couple of days. It should be enough until the Games are over."

"Okay."

"Okay. Are you and Lucy Gray allies?" She asked.

"I'm not sure." He replied.

"Okay, well it's good that you have allies. So, you might want to work on that." Caroline added.

"Do you actually care about me?" Jessup questioned, unsure of the girl's actual intentions.

"I―"

"Snow. Dovecote. Ellis." A voice called.

Caroline's attention snapped towards Dean Highbottom, who stood alongside a Peacekeeper. Rising from her seat, she quietly bid farewell to Jessup and trailed after the Peacekeeper.

.ೃ࿐

CORIOLANUS, CAROLINE, AND CLEMENSIA all entered Dr. Gaul's section of the Department of War center. There were strange, unique creatures in jars. Coriolanus and Clemensia took it upon themselves to observe and tap on the jars while Caroline kept to herself.