vi.

six !*ೃ✧˚

six !
*ೃ✧˚. ❃ ˊ-

YOUNG CAROLINE ELLIS sat on the blacktop, fiddling with the hem of her little maroon academy skirt. She bit her lip anxiously as her classmates began lining up to go into the auditorium, where they'd be watching the first annual Hunger Games.

A boy with platinum blonde hair approached the girl, noticing her scared expression. He recognized her as one of his classmates since kindergarten, a girl named Caroline.

"Hi, are you okay?" He asked, sitting down with her.

"I'm fine."

"You don't look fine. You look scared. Are you scared of the Hunger Games?"

Caroline quickly shook her head, "No."

"It's okay to be scared. I am scared, too." He assured.

"I don't want my sister to get picked." She mumbled hesitantly.

"We live in the Capitol. We can't get picked, silly."

"Oh."

"What's your name?" Coriolanus asked, already knowing the answer. He did not want to sound creepy in front of his new friend, so he figured it would be easier to ask.

"Caroline Ellis. My family calls me Caroline Rose. I guess you can too."

"Rose? Aren't those a flower?" He inquired.

"Yes. I was named after it." She says.

"We have a garden at home, I'm gonna ask my grandma to plant roses in it because of you." Coriolanus smiles.

"Okay. What's your name?" Caroline asked.

"Coriolanus Snow."

"Cool. Your name is long." She noted.

"So is yours." He countered. "Let's make them shorter."

"Okay, Coryo," Caroline answered.

"Care for Caroline," Coriolanus added.

"Okay, that works." She nodded.

"We have to go inside, now. Maybe we can sit together to watch the Hunger Games?" He asked.

"Sure."

Unbeknownst to the young girl, it was the first time she became ensnared in his web of deceit.

.ೃ࿐

THE TWO MENTORS rushed to the arena. They were very aware of their tardiness which should have been excused by Dr. Gaul, considering the circumstances.