Chapter Four

May 11th, 2028

"'Watashi wa yume,

"Itsumo anata no koto,

"Watashi no negai ni..."

"Is that singing?"

Arisa dropped her voice to a cheerful hum as she placed up the mostly empty classroom. The secondary unit was filming her at the back of the classroom, while the first unit filmed the other actresses in the hallway. They had yet to decide which shot they would use for the scene, but Arisa suspected they would splice the footage together.

But it was Mio's introductory scene, and the "phantom" of the series needed to have a memorable introduction. Her introduction cleaning homeroom by herself while singing "Glow", the last song that would be released before her album debuted.

"Who's in here?" Erika called out as she slid open one of the homeroom doors. They were dressed in the school uniforms of the show; white blazer, white blouse, black tie, and white skirt. The stark whiteness of the uniform was an intentional color choice to invoke feelings of dread inside of viewers.

On cue, Arisa turned away from the chalkboard and gave the brightest smile she could muster to Erika and Suzue as they carefully stepped into the classroom. "Well," she said, spreading out her arms in welcome. "The new transfer student."

"Cut!" Fujikawa called from the hallway. "Excellent, Arisa-chan! You're really becoming Mio!"

"I hope not too much," Arisa said good-naturedly, and several crew members laughed in response. Erika giggled as well but Suzue did not stir. "Is the next scene first period, Kantoku?"

"Lunch period," Fujikawa said in response. Arisa saw him wave from behind Erika and Suzue. "The other actors for the scene are there, so all of us are heading over there now."

Both units hurried on ahead to set up, and Arisa slowed her pace to walk with Erika and Suzue. "This is so exciting," Arisa said. "The most I've done with acting before was for music videos!"

"You're excited now, Arisa-chan," Erika said. "But we still have another nine hours of filming today."

"Well, ten hours for me," Arisa mused nonchalantly. "I have my one-hour livestream this evening."

"Oh, can I sit in on it?!" Erika exclaimed, grabbing her arm. "I watch your live blogs every week!"

Really? Arisa was genuinely stunned to hear her say that, but she didn't say it out loud. "Of course you can, Erika-san! The more the merrier!" Arisa looked at Suzue. "Basaki-san, you're welcome to join as well!"

"...No, thank you," Suzue responded, her gaze fixed forward.

"Aww, why not?" Arisa grabbed one of her hands. "I would love to have all of you on the stream! I know my audience would too! Please do it!"

Suzue glanced at her then. "Why?"

"You're my colleague," Arisa said. "And I want you to be included. If you don't want to talk, that's fine! But I think you would enjoy being there!"

Suzue looked at her fully then. Her lips twitched, as though she wanted to refuse. But after a long moment she finally said, "All right." Then she looked forward again.

"Yatta!" Arisa pumped her fist in victory. "I'll ask the other girls, too! This will be my best stream yet!"

"Ahem," Suzue said abruptly. Arisa looked at her in confusion, but then she realized that she was still holding Suzue's hand. "A-Ah, I'm sorry Basaki-san!"