Chapter 1

Kawaki's POV:

Four years have passed since Boruto's and my memory swapping incident. It's still hard for me to get used to the better treatment I get from the people of Konoha, it's an annoying feeling. Himawari lived with me, Eida, Daemon - because the Seventh Hokage and his wife were sent to a separate dimension by me. I had no other choice, I did it for their good - but not everyone can understand that. It's hard to pretend, especially when you're playing a role you're not prepared for. Five years ago it would never have occurred to me that I would have to pretend to be the brother of the Hokage's own daughter, but what happened happened and I have to live with it. For some reason I can't accept Himawari calling me "big brother", Boruto is. No matter how you look at it, I want to kill him for the safety of Konoha, the Seventh Hokage and his family, but he is also my brother. Yes, Boruto is my brother. Damn, it's so fucking complicated... 

- You're alright, Kawaki?- Mitsuki asked, stopping his fist from hitting me in the face.

Right, I was training with Mitsuki. Shit, I became lost in thought again. 

- Yeah - I smirked, like nothing happened. 

- This has been happening to you too often lately, maybe you should get some rest? 

- Rest? I don't have time for shit like this, Boruto can come back at any time, and so can Code.

- I know, but you're pushing yourself too much, you can't overwork yourself otherwise you'll only hurt yourself Kawaki. This is the end of training for today - he answered me in a cold, firm tone. 

I felt a surge of frustration, even though Mitsuki was absolutely right. I hate situations like this. He turned and headed towards the exit.

- See you later, Kawaki. Take a day or two off tomorrow, it will be good for you. 

----------------------------------------------

After a while, I was left alone in the training room. I clenched my fists in anger, what does he know? He has no idea what danger awaits everyone. I walked over to the bench where I had left my training bag and slung it over my shoulder. I had nothing better to do, so I left the room like Mitsuki. As I locked the door, I looked at my watch - fuck -  it was really late. Not that anyone is waiting for me or worried about me, I just don't like walking home in the dark. As I was leaving the building I heard a familiar voice, why can't I have some peace? In solitude? 

- Hello Kawaki-kun! I see you finished later than usual today. 

I took a closer look and recognized her immediately - Sumire. Her beautiful sapphire eyes were focused on me, and only me. I stared at her for a long moment until I realized I hadn't responded. 

- Y-yeah. By the way, what are you doing here? - I asked, looking away from her mesmerizing eyes. 

- Oh, I was coming home from work. I usually come back alone, so I didn't expect to see you here at this time. 

- I see. That old fart Amado shouldn't have kept you in the hospital late at night - I said, sarcasm evident in my voice. 

- Kawaki-kun... 

- What? 

I focused my eyes back on her, she made the most obvious expression telling me to stop. I smirked. 

- Okay, okay - I got it. 

- Thank you. We should go back, Eida-san must be worried.

- Really? Eida begain worried? She's obviusly watching us now. 

- You know what I mean... just let's go home. It's getting cold - she said, looking worried.

I walked down the short steps and stood right in front of her.