Chapter 2

Sumire's POV: 

I sat on the bed, still feeling how pink my cheeks were with embarrassment. It wouldn't have occurred to me that anyone - especially Kawaki - would have to carry me to bed. Have I really been overdoing it with work lately... Despite being terribly tired, I forced myself to get out of bed to change into my pajamas. I carefully and slowly slid out of bed and put my feet on the ground - I managed to get up without falling over. I slowly walked over to the dresser and took out my favorite nightgown and sleep shorts. I must admit that the best moment of the day - apart from taking a hot bath - is untying the bandage from my chest and taking off my bra. I know, I know - it's very unhealthy - but I have no other choice. Many girls my age and younger practice it, but they usually do it for beauty and comfort reasons. It's  embarrassing to admit, but I do it because I'm simply ashamed of the size of my breasts. Thanks to bandaging, they are twice as small and interfere less with functioning. After a few hours of wearing, I have to tie them again to make them hold tighter. Sometimes it hurts too much... 

I folded the clothes I was wearing just now and put them on the dresser. With equally slow and heavy steps, I approached the bed and threw myself on it, wrapping myself in the blanket. Without much difficulty I fell into a blissful, peaceful and heavy sleep. 

------------------------------------ 

I woke up when the sun was already illuminating my entire room. The weather outside was very nice, which immediately made my day better. I looked at the clock on the small table next to the bed - it was 8:30. Quite early, considering I fell asleep around 1 am. Without staying in bed, I got up, made it, and chose a new outfit from the wardrobe (as you can expect, it was always the same). Combing my hair is the worst part, but it went relatively smoothly. While I was braiding my hair, I looked at my left wrist. There was a pink trace of pressure around it. I immediately remembered the earlier situation. My face turned pink again, as I thought about Kawaki's strong arms. Get over yourself Sumire, this isn't the first time someone has held you so tightly. I can't think about things like that, especially towards Kawaki. I promised myself, and especially Boruto-kun, that I would be by his side no matter what. He was and is my first love, and I hope that one day I will have the courage to confess my feelings to him. However, despite my best efforts, these thoughts come to my mind every time. However, I cannot forget that I am only 16 years old, and I've never been on a date, I've never had a boyfriend and I've never even been kissed! This sounds completely normal, but my friends have been through all these things for a long time - only me, Sarada and ChoCho haven't experienced it. I have no idea about Eida, because I wouldn't have the courage to ask her. 

As I was leaving the room, I noticed a figure sneaking up the stairs. 

- Good morning, Himawari-chan - I said, kindly. 

- Sumire-san?! You scared me! - the girl said, obviously surprised by my presence. 

- I'm sorry, I thought you noticed me. 

- It's ok, oh and good morning by the way. 

- What's the reason you got up so early? You usually sleep until at least 9:00 AM. 

- I don't know, by accident - Himawari said with energy - and you? I know you're a morning person, but I heard from big brother that I shouldn't wake you up because you're tired. 

- You talked to him? Wait, what time did you have to get up? 

- Around 5.00 AM, I woke up because he was arguing with Mitsuki about not wanting to take a day off, or something like that. It turns out that big brother didn't go anywhere, he's sitting in the living room. 

- Oh my... I hope you're not tired Himawari-chan. 

- I'm not, and don't worry Sumire-san! Today my training will be shorter, so I will go to bed earlier. By the way, aren't you going to work today?