Chapter 11

Kawaki's POV: (after chapter 9 of "Boruto Two Blue Vortex") 

This day was full of action. Honestly, I expected this to happen, because even an idiot would have been able to predict such a turn of events. The atmosphere itself had been heavy over the past few weeks, and all the signs in the sky clearly pointed to the return of my brother, Boruto. He has become so much stronger in these 4 years, and it scares me. If I hadn't used karma, Boruto would have beaten me. Fuck, what should I do? Did all my effort, all those sleepless nights and training really do me no good?! What should I expect from him? By the way, I noticed that everyone was behaving differently, especially Mitsuki. Boruto definitely had a hand in this, and I sincerely hope nothing came to light. My life would lose its meaning and the mission entrusted to me would completely fail. I'm actually sure that Boruto is looking for revenge on me. Only Eida and I know that the Seventh Hokage and his wife are alive and sealed in my space-time dimension. He doesn't know this, and he probably thinks that I killed his parents, screwing him and his younger sister Himawari. I've come to terms with the idea that he hates me, because he has every right to do so. To be completely honest with myself, I don't know what I'm doing - and I have no control over myself. All my actions are forced by the pressure of losing everything I have again. I hate it, but it's the only way to protect them - and when I say that, I mean everyone. I don't know how it will all turn out, but I'm sure I will somehow adapt. 

Yes, I can handle it, but Himawari and Sumire? What about them? They are my biggest worry, after the fact that Eida may turn away from me. Boruto's sister is still young, only fourteen - I don't want anything to happen to her. Die young, I won't let her do that. She hasn't had the full taste of growing up or adult life yet, and the Seventh would definitely want his daughter to live a happy life, without worries. As for Sumire... I have no idea why I care about her. Just the thought of her getting hurt makes my blood boil. It probably sounds strange, but after what we went through together - and what she denies happened - the thought of her stuck in my head even more strongly. A part of me that I didn't know I even had wants her, desperately. I can't show it or even verbalize it, but not having her there frustrates me. I want her, I want her so badly - and despite my desperate attempts to get her attention, she ignores me. What am I doing wrong? How can I tell her that I miss her? It's stupid, I'm making a fool of myself trying to win her favor. But even that can't make me be mad at her. I have many reasons, but her look alone forgives all my anger towards her. In my entire life, I have never felt so strange and uncomfortable that a woman could so easily have me wrapped around her fingers. Maybe I'm portraying it wrong? I do not know. Anyway, everything that happened today is hard for me. No one will understand my pain and the stress I have been going through these past few years. My nightmares, or rather one that has been recurring for several weeks, are giving me no peace. Every night ends with me waking up in fear, covered in a cold sweat. I don't know what it is, but this "dream" in which I hear someone calling me makes me unable to rest. Every night I see Sumire crying over someone's body and the people around her who are important to me do the same. Why? What the fuck is this about?! This nightmare keeps me awake at night. Now sleep will be a rarity, because Konoha will certainly be under attack 24 hours a day. I guess it couldn't have been worse. 

I rubbed my hand over my face, brushing away the annoying strands of hair that were getting into my eyes. I stood with my elbows leaning on the railing of the terrace of our "house" and honestly waited for the calm before the storm. Due to the excess adrenaline, it is difficult to close your eyes even for a moment. It was late in the evening, the sun had long since set below the horizon, and cold gusts of wind woke me up despite my terrible fatigue. It doesn't matter to me whether I sleep an hour or five hours, I will still be tired. From today everything will be different, and probably worse. 

- Are you okay? 

I turned my head behind me, and out of the corner of my eye I saw a familiar figure, and I was pleasantly surprised.