Chapter 11: Bloodletting

"Ain't no way yer going." Daryl said firmly, trying to keep up with Lauren's fast pace. She had practically flown through the woods after hearing the news about Carl, Daryl didn't think he'd ever seen someone move so fast.

"Try and stop me, Dixon." She called over her shoulder as they finally approached the highway. "If Carl's been shot there's no way I'm staying here."

"Shot?" Dale, upon hearing her, stood from his seat on the RV steps. "What do you mean shot?"

"I don't know man." Glenn panted. "All I know is, some chick rode outta nowhere on a horse like Zorro and took Lori."

Dale directed his question at Daryl. "And you let her?"

"Crawl outta my ass old man. Rick sent her." Daryl huffed. "She knew Lori's name and Carl's."

"She told us where their farm was." Glenn added.

"I heard screams, was that you?" Dale questioned Andrea who simply ignored him and headed straight to the R.V.

"She got attacked by a walker," Glenn explained. "It was a close call."

"We can't just leave." Carol said, her voice breaking slightly. "What if Sophia comes back and we're not here? It could happen."

Andrea agreed. "If Sophia found her way back and we were gone, that would be awful."

"Okay. We gotta plan for this." Daryl said. "I say tomorrow morning is soon enough to pull up stakes. Give us a chance to rig a big sign, leave her some supplies. I'll hold here tonight. Stay with the R.V."

"Okay." Lauren nodded. "I'll take the Cherokee and go tonight."

"Well if the RV is staying I'm staying too." Dale declared, along with Andrea agreeing.

"I'll stay too." Said Glenn.

"No, Glenn. You go with Lauren." Dale told the boy. "She needs to see Carl and you need to get T-dog there and see if they have any antibiotics. This cut has gone from bad to worse and he's got a very serious blood infection."

Daryl walked away from the group as Dale spoke. Reaching Merle's motorcycle, he tossed aside a rag that had been placed on it and reached into a bag hanging off.

"Keep yer oily rags off my brother's motorcycle." Daryl told Dale, tossing the towel at the man. He reached into the pack and pulled out a large Ziploc bag filled with pill bottles. "Why'd you wait till now to say anything?"

Daryl joined the group once again, placing the bag on the hood of the car in front of them.

"Got my brother's stash." He began rummaging through the small plastic bottles, naming off the various medications. "Crystal, X. Don't need that. Got some kick-ass painkillers. Doxycycline."

He noted, pulling the bottle out and tossing it to Glenn. "Not the generic stuff neither. It's first class." Daryl shrugged. "Merle got the clap on occasion."

Lauren nodded, trying to hide the slight amusement on her face. "Gross."

Daryl paused and looked at Tank. "Mind if he stays here tonight?" Daryl asked Lauren, nodding to the dog. Daryl sensed her hesitation and explained. "He can track. Gives us a better shot at finding her."

Lauren sighed. She didn't want to leave Tank, but Daryl was right. He was their best shot. As much as she hated the idea of being away from Tank for the night, she knew he would be alright. He liked Daryl and no matter how much Daryl had complained about having another mouth to feed at the beginning, Lauren knew he had grown quite fond of the dog. Lauren nodded. "Just make sure he's safe. Alright?"