Prologue

"You can't! Let me go! My baby's almost here!" The woman hollered at the police officer to let her go. But the deputy still put her in cuffs and threw her into the backseat of the car. The woman knew that it wasn't far, but she had committed a crime and must go to prison for it. All to prison, the woman was hollering about her baby, who was about to be born.

"We'll have one if our most trusted deputies look after her until you get out. How about that?" The deputy suggested, clearly annoyed by the woman's shouting. She took a few moments to think about it, as she wanted to raise her child. But the child would already be grown up by the time she would be getting out.

"Fine. She doesn't deserve to live in a hellfire." The woman finally decided. "But I get her when I get out!" She snapped after.

"Of course." The officer responded, making it seem firm. The deputy left her alone, letting the woman get settled in her cell. Her baby was to come any day now, and she was surprised that panic hadn't caused her water to break.

~~~

A few days had passed and there were still no signs of any baby coming. Deputies and nurses checked on the woman daily, just in case something horrible were to happen. The woman was becoming distressed, because she didn't want any complications. If the baby was to pass due, something might happen to her.

Deputies reassured her that everything was gonna be fine, and that she would grow up happy and healthy. But the woman still panicked. Eventually the woman could feel the baby coming and screamed for the nurses. As they quickly rushed over, they brought her to the hospital, handcuffed to the stretcher and later the bed.

~

"Oh please make sure she is safe." The woman cried as the deputy was leaving to care for the baby.

"Of course, ma'am. She's in safe hands." The woman spent a few more days in the hospital and they had to bring her back to prison. The baby's name was Taylor, and she was born in 1989. 3

366 Words, January 26