Chapter 5

So the notes are from Luke! He was the one writing them! Fear pricked my mind. Joel could notice I was getting scared, and he started walking towards me. Luke held out his arm which stopped Joel from coming near me. "What the hell are you still doing here? Get out! Run!" Luke yelled. 

I sprinted back to my house. I couldn't run to Abigail's and my parents wanted me to go back for dinner. When I got inside, I shut the door behind me and took a breath before shouting, "Mom!! The neighbors' kid is a psychopath! I think he wants to kill me!" 

My mom looked at me with concern. "Dear, what makes you think that?" 

"He's been sending me all these notes! One of them literally said 'who dies at the end of this film' or something like that?" I stopped, and dropped to my knees. I took some deep breaths, but I was still panicking. 

"Simple solution. Don't talk to Luke and never read the notes he sends." Austin butted in. I rolled my eyes and slapped him in the back of the head. 

"This is serious!" I snapped. 

"Have you seen Luke? Like I know you're weak, but come on. He couldn't touch you if he wanted." Austin was making anything better. He was making me feel worse, and I was upset to the core. Scared to the core. 

"Honey, I'm sure that if I talk to his mom tomorrow, she'll have him stay away from you. I promise you won't have to worry." My mom soothed, stroking my hair. I glared at Austin for making me feel worse. But my mom was relieving me and I was calming down a little bit. As for dinner, I wasn't hungry anymore. There was no way I could take a bite of food. 

"Can I sleep in your room tonight?" I asked. Austin burst out into laughter. "What I'm sorry I could possibly be hunted down by my next door neighbor who just happens to be my best friend's brother!" He quickly shut up, after I snapped in his face. I went up to my room, locked my window, and put down the blinds. I hide under my covers on my phone. Realizing that I was acting like a baby, I got up from my bed and went to my desk. 

Maybe if I wrote a song, it would make me feel better. Something about Luke and how he is a villain maybe. I thought about a few song ideas and wrote them down in my journal. 

𝐼 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘 ℎ𝑒 𝑑𝑖𝑑 𝑖𝑡 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝐼 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑐𝑎𝑛'𝑡 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑖𝑡

𝐵𝑎𝑏𝑦 𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑤𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝑡 𝑏𝑎𝑑 𝑏𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑑 

𝐼 𝑘𝑛𝑒𝑤 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑡𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑏𝑙𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑎𝑙𝑘𝑒𝑑 𝑖𝑛 

Most of these lyrics were pretty relatable for the current moment, picking on to base a song off of would be hard. Unless I just wrote three today, but that's a lot of work. I tried to think of a way to incorporate the three lyrics into the same song, but they were so different from each other it didn't really work. I decided to go with the third lyric, I feel like that one is the most relatable. 

𝐼 𝑘𝑛𝑒𝑤 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑡𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑏𝑙𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑎𝑙𝑘𝑒𝑑 𝑖𝑛 

𝑆𝑜 𝑠ℎ𝑎𝑚𝑒 𝑜𝑛 𝑚𝑒 𝑛𝑜𝑤

𝐹𝑙𝑒𝑤 𝑚𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑐𝑒𝑠 𝐼'𝑣𝑒 𝑛𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑏𝑒𝑒𝑛

𝑁𝑜𝑤 𝐼'𝑚 𝑙𝑦𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑜𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑙𝑑 ℎ𝑎𝑟𝑑 𝑔𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑

I mean I'd say it's a pretty decent start of a chorus. My mom called me back down so I could have dinner with the family even though I wasn't hungry. I sighed, closed my notebook and went downstairs. I didn't want to be at dinner, I'd rather be under the covers or writing a song, and too, Austin was being pretty mean about someone who might wanna kill me. 

The next day, my mom and I headed over to Joel and Luke's. She was gonna talk to Luke's mom and Luke himself, while I hung out with Joel. Luckily Luke would be in a separate room, while we hung out, so I would feel safe. Unless Luke decides he doesn't want to be with our moms, and doesn't listen. But surely he would never disrespect his mother like that. 

My mom firmly knocked on the door, and I started to get a little scared. But taking deep breaths seemed to calm me down. Ben answered the door. "Um, Mrs. Swift? Is everything okay?" 

"No, she's here to see me? Why would she be okay?" Luke shot from across the hall. 

"That's a fair point, to be honest." Ben murmured. "Come in." We entered the Smallbone house, and I saw Joel and quickly ran to him. Luke glanced at me, maybe out of jealousy. Luke showed my mom into his mom's room and Joel and I stayed in the living room, watching CSI. 

I went to the bathroom, and somehow found Luke standing by the door. "How did you get here? I just saw you walk into your mom's room." 

Luke grabbed me, to whisper something in my ear. "How am I the trouble?" And he let go of me and sneaked back into his mom's room. How was he able to get across the house without Joel or I even seeing? And how does he know about my song I wrote yesterday? I didn't even tell Joel. 

I started breaking down. I couldn't handle Luke's shit anymore. Joel noticed me crying, and he walked over. "Taylor? What happened?" 

"Luke!! I can't handle him anymore!! He's such a bitch, I don't get how he knows everything about me, when I tell no one! He's a stalker and it scares me so bad!" I sobbed into Joel's shoulder. He patted my back. 

Hugging me, he said, "Tell me what he does immediately, next time." He mumbled something else under his breath, but I couldn't hear it, nor would I care. 

A note fell out of my pocket. "You've gotta be kidding me! He slipped a note in my pocket without me even realizing!" Opening it, because I had no other choice, "I promise. That's the key." But Joel always told me, never trust Luke when he says, "I promise."