Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Bloom {Word count: 2854}

Unexpected Kidnap

When I and Stella were standing outside of my parents's home, my parents greeted us as any other parent would. We were all having a nice chat around the dining table until it was time to pick my brother up from the train station. When my parents left the house, I and Stella immediately jumped off the chairs and immediately started the tiring process of assembling the gift that I and Stella bought.

"Stella, why do you need to buy the most expensive one in the market? It's so-"

"Complicated? Ya go figures."

As I sit on the floor, holding the manual, the 2 parts of the gift are being held by none other than my clumsy friend Stella. We were trying to assemble the two parts of the gift. So far we have had no success.

"Maybe this button will do it."

"Stella, the manual said we need to press that button first-" Before I could finish my sentence, Stella was about to press the wrong button for the 4th time. As I watched horror as this event unfolded for the fourth time, I did what any rational person would do. I screamed,

"Stella no! That's the reset button" Before I could stop her from doing it Stella pushed the button.

As Stella looked at me with the realisation she said, "Oops". But it was already too late.

Then as you expect from a highly expensive and advanced gift it does as it is supposed to. Sadly that would mean we need to start over.

In case I have forgotten why have I done this, the gift that we were planning to give to my brother consists of two parts. One part so it could be summoned by him and only by him and it will theoretically disappear into thin air. And the other part is so it can be used by my brother for playing.

Now the reason why in the world I have thought and bought this gift is still a mystery even to me at this point, because I have also forgotten that reason. However, it is already too late to second-guess myself because that 1 year full of savings is already down the drain.

As me and Stella slowly put the correct setting on the thing we finally finished the gift.

"Finally! That took forever!"

"Most of that time is wasted because of you and you know it," I commented, still annoyed about that fifth reset.

"It was a tiny mistake. How am I supposed to know that there's a reset button!?"

"Literally after the first 4 trials and resets we need to go through."

"Pish-posh. What is important here is that finally, Stella sounded extremely confident about that thing. From what I can tell, the money is paying off. Well, that is to say until we try it. Hopefully, it doesn't explode on my brother's face.

"By the way, how long will it take for your parents and brother to come here? Cuz we need to clean this up." Stella pointed to all the mess we had done in the living room. It looks like a hurricane went through here. This is not saying much assuming a mini-hurricane did go through here.

I then checked my phone to find out that not only had we spent 3 and a half hours trying to put the thing in the correct setting, but we also only had a little time to do both the decorations and the cleaning. As I looked in horror Stella once again asked.

"So?"

"Um... Stella, I don't know how to tell you this, but we need to clean up this mess and do the decoration, in less than an hour."