𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐍

-•❅•-

𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐡:

Could you hold me without any talking? We could try to go back where we started.

You, don't even have to stay.

-•❅•-

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬:

𝐤𝐡𝐰𝐚𝐡𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢

𝐤𝐡𝐰𝐚𝐡𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢

•❅•

𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐡𝐫𝐲𝐚𝐫 𝐦𝐢𝐫 𝐤𝐡𝐚𝐧

-•❅•-

-•❅•-

𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞:

What must one's reaction be when signing a contract, a contract without a particularly mentioned time duration? A contract that has the power to change a single section of all your legal documents, a contract with the biggest risk in life, a contract that is bound to weigh so heavy on your ring finger, for as long as you don't end up terminating it.

A small smile escaped my lips as I looked at the hena that adorned my hands and then at the band that stood so proud on one of my fingers, clearly taking all the spotlight away from the beautiful piece of art delicately drawn on both sides of my palm.

Slightly lifting my hands, I couldn't help but close my eyes inhaling the earthy scent, and sigh at its therapeutic relief, when the words 'I hate the smell of it' rang in my head. The words. His words.

Marriage. It's nothing but a contract, it doesn't matter whether it's between two people, two families, two minds, two kids, two birds, yada yada yada, whatever the shit people are aiming to get married these days, and a contract is a contract, hell you even sign the papers for it. And unlike most people who just attempt to imbue terms like 'sacred bond,' 'meeting of souls,' and 'life partners' with profound depth in it, I simply veered away from that perspective.

Or so I believed, until, contrary to the typical protagonists in novels finding their polar opposites, I ended up finding the perfect match when it comes to being a clone of my 'self-isolating, downright distant prick' demeanor --the male version of myself. An even larger, human manifestation of a self-isolating, distant individual, a.k.a the man who was my husband-to-be until an hour back a.k.a the man who is my husband now.

"Assalam Alaikum"

My eyes snapped open as those words reached my ears and I quickly put my hands down, even though I couldn't exactly see all too well through the veil that covered my eyes down to my nose, I still could recognize that voice.

"Walaikum Assalam" I whispered,

My gaze fixed on my hands which by now had all of a sudden turned ice cold. Okay hey, I know I act all cool and all but that doesn't change the fact that this indeed is my first time getting married, and in my 23 years of life, also my first time sharing a room with a complete stranger!

I felt the bed dip for the shortest of seconds when-

"Aap change kar lijiye, I'll be outside," (You should change, I'll be outside)

And that was all the 'interaction' I had with my husband, ladies and gentlemen.

"It's fi-" I bit my bottom lip the moment the sound of the door being shut hit my ears.

Well...

Maybe all arranged marriages are not as scary?

Perfection.

A small chuckle escaped my lips followed by a loud sigh that escaped my lips as I almost immediately started taking the pins off my head that had been poking me for so long just to make the unnecessarily heavily embroidered veil cover my goddamn face.

"Thank god," I giggled to myself in relief.

Let's not fake it here, I was prepared for all the worst-case scenarios here okay? Hell, oh how I had all the worst crime petrol-worthy plots in my head for this day, but well I guess it isn't that bad!

Laughing at my criminally prone overthinking analytic brain, I shook my head throwing the goddamn veil away from my head in the most dramatic manner possible when-

"Sorry, I forgot my ph-"

A knock. A single knock along with those four and a half words is all it takes to wipe that smile off my stupid face.

Have you ever noticed how your body reacts to being caught red-handed? Or when you're super embarrassed about your actions, moreover about someone else witnessing your embarrassing actions? No? Well, I'll tell you how my body chooses to react.

It freezes.

Like the way you'd freeze when you were little and would play the statue game like your life depended on it. Like you just want to go as unnoticed as possible.

For the first time in the entire night, my eyes finally met those pair of browns, and I could almost hear my heart beating right beside my ears. It was probably the first time he looked at me, no I don't mean that we hadn't ever looked at each other, but it's just the first time I felt he looked looked at me, and not just stare...

"Ph-phone?" A squeaky underconfident and timid excuse of a sound escaped my lips as I attempted to complete his sentence, making him immediately clear his throat as he nodded before rushing to the other side of the bed, picking his gadget and giving me one last nod before leaving.

Like any 'normal' 'sane' 'just married' woman, I expected him to return, after an hour or so since I changed, but when he didn't, that night or the morning after, it was more than enough for me to know how the rest of my life looked like.

That is, either until this so-called unspoken contract was terminated, or the fine line between us disappeared.

-•❅•-

Thank you for even thinking of giving '𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐍' a chance my loves! I'm hoping praying and wishing you don't regret it! Love love looove ya to the moon and more! Please please comment what you feel and I'll be uploading the first chapter super soon!

accha! chalo! byeee!

XOXO

It's Sheewholoved!