Chapter 129 - A movie theater

-We've arrived!
   The Detective Boys entered their client's flat.
   -Oh, what pretty flowers! exclaimed Ayumi.
   Yoko put on the slippers she'd been given and followed her friend to the headband.
   Poor flowers... they'd be prettier in nature...
   She let out a sigh before turning to Genta and Mitsuhiko. The two of them had opened the door to one of the rooms, which opened onto a sort of cinema.
   They think they can do anything when they go to people's houses...
   -Wow! Wow! exclaimed the glutton of the group.
   There's loads of hi-fi equipment! exclaimed the freckled one.

   Everyone entered the room.
   I must admit, it's all very interesting!
   The former schoolgirl quickly looked through all the films.
   While everyone was concentrating on what was lying around, a bell rang.
   -Do you have a visitor? asked Agasa.
   -Looks like it...
   The owner headed for the front door, which he opened. Yoko followed him to the entrance of the cinema to see what was going on. There was a woman, to whom he handed some money.
   -That's five million...
   Does he owe her money?
   -Five million? We're still fifteen million short! grumbled the newcomer.
   -I know, but I'll give it to you after I've sold this flat...
   -Oh, right... Sorry, eh? I feel like I'm putting you out on the street...
   ... I'll leave them to sort out their affairs if worst comes to worst...

   The young girl returned to her classmates. They were all looking at the newspapers.
   Kamen Yaiba, eh?
   -Really? Where did these kids come from?
   At this voice, the children turned their heads and saw the woman. The owner asked the children to leave the room.
   -Who's that one? asked Genta as the owner returned to the cinema with his guest.
   -A woman to whom he owes money, from what I understand... Yoko sighed, crossing her arms behind her head.
   -How do you know that? Ayumi was surprised.
   -I 'accidentally' overheard their conversation...
   -... You went to see who'd rang the bell and you just stood there listening... Conan deduced.
   -There might be a bit of that hehe...
   The man left the room with a strange expression that the two bespectacled children noticed.
   I hope everything goes well...

   Yoko dropped to the floor, exhausted. She had searched the entire client's room for the famous watch. And although she had been helped by Ai, she couldn't look any longer.
   The former schoolgirl reached into her pockets for something and pulled out an empty packet.
   It's true that I ate all the chocolates I bought before Valentine's Day haha...
   -How about I make you some sandwiches! Finished by announcing the owner of the flat. Actually, I run a café in the next town. I've got everything you need to make them and I owe you for your help!
   It's good to have people around sometimes hehe... !

   A few minutes later, the sandwiches were ready. The person who had prepared them asked if anyone wanted to take some to the woman who was currently watching a film. Conan and Ayumi obliged. Yoko and Genta helped themselves and ate straight away.
   -You're both gluttons... Ria Mitsuhiko.
   -And? What does it do to you? grumbled the girl with the brown hair tied back as she pulled her friend's cheek.
   -Anyway, in a food competition, I'd win over her! asserted the majority of the gang.
   -Not even in my dreams...
   They're tiring sometimes...

   As the three spoke together, a noise echoed throughout the house. It sounded like something breaking.
   What the...?!
   More faintly, footsteps could be heard. The bespectacled girl rushed out of the living room, almost bumping into Conan who was heading towards the entrance.
   -Yoko! Go and check the cinema! ordered the detective as he opened the front door.
   Without question, the photographer opened the door. On the floor was the body of the woman. She had flowers on her and debris from a vase all around her. Her head was bleeding.
   -Ei... Eiko-san?! the man shouted.
   The young girl went over and took her pulse, her brother joining her.
   -Call the police... she announced with a sigh.
   She left the room, leaving Conan to take care of the rest.