Feelings High - 41

The princess was escorted by her three warriors but only Yeong was allowed into the royal meeting room.

He got into place as Jinx settled upon her throne.

Even before King Byron said a word, Jinx knew he was going to lash out and rage the entire meeting.

"Princess, you've been well."

"Yes, your majesty."

"Princess, sister, you've been well."

"Yes, your majesty, I've been well."

"Prince, brother, you've been well."

"Yes, your majesty. I've been well."

"Prince, nephew, you've been well."

"Yes, your majesty, I have been well."

Then the king wasted no more time, face wrinkling further with anger, "We now know this is about the crown princess, that the criminals mean harm to her. Yet, we have no answers."

"We have the chef, don't we?" Princess Tyrina was relatively calmer than her brother.

"He hasn't admitted to anything worthwhile."

"Then what's the next step?"

"There is no next step, Tyrina. We're stuck where we are."

"And you're yelling at us, where is Nat? The Jae-On?"

"Tell me what they're supposed to do!" The king slammed his hand on the armrest of his throne. "The Jae-On men are doing their job keeping the princess safe, Yeong is doing his damn job!"

"What about your men then?" Tyrina wasn't backing down.

"They're investigating and the prisoners we have, know nothing that matters. You tell me what to do then if you know, Tyrina."

She sat quietly, glaring at her brother harshly.

"Right. And you," the king turned to her son, Prince Tyree. "You have no sympathy, living your life as if nothing is happening. You're partying, drinking. Mingling with whores."

"Byron-" Tyrina started but the king put a hand up to silence her.

"Speak for yourself, Tyree."

"How should I be acting, your majesty?" Prince Tyree barely managed a respectful tone.

"You shouldn't be living so recklessly at all," King Byron lowered his voice, gravely serious.

Tyree clenched his jaw, most likely reining in his temper before he spoke. "I understand, your majesty."

"I hope you do."

It was uncomfortably quiet for a moment, then the king turned to Princess Jinx, "What are you doing with your time?"

She didn't want to have this discussion.

"You've been a coward, hiding in your room and refusing to eat. I may not go and see you, but I know what you're doing. You shouldn't be so weak or behave so foolishly."

Jinx was absolutely taken aback, shocked at being attacked so cruelly so suddenly.

"What happened to being sympathetic?" Tyree responded before she could, unaffected as the king turned his glare on him. "Where is yours?"

"You don't tell me I don't have sympathy, when I'm doing everything in my power to ensure her safety."

"And then you yell at her like that?" Tyree tilted his head, frowning at the king as if he felt pity for him.